Particular Question Directed to Military Assistance Post-Bac

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Section3Kid

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi, I had a particular question regarding GI Bill in regards to Post-Bac classes. I have my bachelors and am currently taking the science prerequisites. I am considered a non-degree seeking student, as there is no point in declaring a major if I only need to take the required courses. My problem is that I can't use the rest of my GI bill to supplement my general fees because I'm not in a declared program! What would be the repercussions of declaring a major, probably biology or chemistry, and then staying in just long enough to get the classes that I need to start applying to med schools. I assume they audit you? Does anyone have any idea what would happen if this were the case?
Thanks for any input!

Members don't see this ad.

Hi, I had a particular question regarding GI Bill in regards to Post-Bac classes. I have my bachelors and am currently taking the science prerequisites. I am considered a non-degree seeking student, as there is no point in declaring a major if I only need to take the required courses. My problem is that I can't use the rest of my GI bill to supplement my general fees because I'm not in a declared program! What would be the repercussions of declaring a major, probably biology or chemistry, and then staying in just long enough to get the classes that I need to start applying to med schools. I assume they audit you? Does anyone have any idea what would happen if this were the case?
Thanks for any input!
I did this for a while, I persued a second bachelors and used my Post 9/11 benefits. I finished that particular semester and simply stopped taking classes. As long as you're in good standing with your degree program you're good to go. The VA isn't going to hunt you down and ask for money or anything (unless you withdraw in the middle of a semester or something).

I did this for a while, I persued a second bachelors and used my Post 9/11 benefits. I finished that particular semester and simply stopped taking classes. As long as you're in good standing with your degree program you're good to go. The VA isn't going to hunt you down and ask for money or anything (unless you withdraw in the middle of a semester or something).
Thanks a ton! I appreciate it! :D

Reactions: 1 user