Pass/fail physics-- already applied?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

zinthafan

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi, I already have 8 credits of physics taken at my university (4 credits intro to physics, 2 credits lab, and 3 credits a upper level physics course), but I currently just need to take intro to physics 2 to graduate (4 credits). I was wondering if it would be hurt me if I took it pass/fail. I have a very high GPA at university but I'm worried I'm going to do really bad in physics-- not only because I really struggle in physics and the class is infamous for its very high failure rate, but also because I am missing a LOT of class due to med school interviews (I have about 10 invites as of now out of state alone) and I'm really worried about doing poorly. I'm scared to ask the med schools I'm due to interview at about whether or not this would affect me being able to matriculate (pending an acceptance if I do get in), but I'm not sure if it would because I've already taken 8 credits of physics which is what most med schools want and med schools can always ask to "see" the grade if they really wanted. If anyone could give me any advice on this at all, I'd really appreciate it! Sorry if this was confusing!

Members don't see this ad.

I was told not to take any math or science classes P/F. As far as I know, I don't think it's a good idea. Just find a good tutor, study hard, and go to office hours. Check out what resources your school has for students.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
You've got 10 interviews, you have a decent chance to get admitted into a medical school, and you're worried about a 1st year undergrad course? I would just take the course normally and do whatever you've been doing to get high grades in your other courses.

Reactions: 1 users