Passed Naplex and believe me so can you!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Wahway

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I just wanted to post this thread to make sure people know my experience and can have hope while preparing for the Naplex or even waiting for their scores. I studied for the Naplex and lost 10 pounds due to stress and loss of appetite. I had studied months before my exam was scheduled on and off for a few hours a week. By the time my exam approached I started studying harder and at the same time became really sick of studying. I was under so much pressure to take the exam from family and work.

I took the prenaplex and got a 47! Yes, that's right...47 one week before my exam! I wanted to reschedule so desperately, but my work kept pressuring me! I went in the Pearson Vue center literally shaking. I reminded myself that everything would be ok and that I could retake it if I fail.

During the exam I was counting on the math to save me. Instead, the majority of my math was fill in the blank and I was totally unsure if I did the math right or not.

I walked out of the exam in tears! Literally!!! I had told everyone I failed because I thought there was no possible way I could pass. I was depressed for about 3 weeks waiting for my score. I had to take my law exam, but that I wasn't worried about that.

Finally after 3 weeks (Michigan takes forever) I sign onto LARA and all of the sudden I saw that I was a licensed pharmacist!!!!!

I'm sharing my experience to tell you guys that I seriously had no hope! If I was to say what helped me pass, I'd Honestly say it was prayers and constantly reminding myself to stay calm throughout the exam.

I promise you will be fine!

Know your math!!!!!!

Be confident and stay focused.

Believe me, if I could pass, so can you!!!!!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
What'd you use to prepare?

Rxprep along with the rxprep qbank And the SDN120 calc questions for math. You should know that the rxprep math is a walk in the park compared to Naplex. Make sure you do the SDN120 questions!

Members don't see this ad :)
I felt the RXprep math was adequate for the naplex but then again math is my forte.

Reactions: 1 user
I felt the RXprep math was adequate for the naplex but then again math is my forte.
Oh really? That's interesting, because I did really well on the rxprep math, but found the Naplex questions to be similar to the SDN 120 questions. My friend had said that her math was more like rxprep, but I had like 5 TPN questions and the rest of my math wasn't as easy as rxprep.

I didn't study for the Naplex. I thought my school's difficult courses and the hard rotations that I took 4th year would be enough to get me by. They were, but refusing to study was a terrible idea. I walked away feeling like I very likely failed but ended up passing by a small margin.

I just wanted to post this thread to make sure people know my experience and can have hope while preparing for the Naplex or even waiting for their scores. I studied for the Naplex and lost 10 pounds due to stress and loss of appetite. I had studied months before my exam was scheduled on and off for a few hours a week. By the time my exam approached I started studying harder and at the same time became really sick of studying. I was under so much pressure to take the exam from family and work.

I took the prenaplex and got a 47! Yes, that's right...47 one week before my exam! I wanted to reschedule so desperately, but my work kept pressuring me! I went in the Pearson Vue center literally shaking. I reminded myself that everything would be ok and that I could retake it if I fail.

During the exam I was counting on the math to save me. Instead, the majority of my math was fill in the blank and I was totally unsure if I did the math right or not.

I walked out of the exam in tears! Literally!!! I had told everyone I failed because I thought there was no possible way I could pass. I was depressed for about 3 weeks waiting for my score. I had to take my law exam, but that I wasn't worried about that.

Finally after 3 weeks (Michigan takes forever) I sign onto LARA and all of the sudden I saw that I was a licensed pharmacist!!!!!

I'm sharing my experience to tell you guys that I seriously had no hope! If I was to say what helped me pass, I'd Honestly say it was prayers and constantly reminding myself to stay calm throughout the exam.

Know your math!!!!!!

Wahway,

CONGRATS!!! I love reading stories like yours. I wish more people like you posted their experience. I also had a low Pre-NAPLEX. I got a 67 and then ended up with a 107 on the NAPLEX. However, I took the pre-NAPLEX about 6 weeks before the NAPLEX. Needless to say, I think your story is truly remarkable. You were able to climb out of a tight spot and did it FAST! Would you care to share your NAPLEX score? I think it is important for others to see that a Pre-NAPLEX of 47 can be turned around into a passing score.

Best,

Apotheker2015

I didn't study for the Naplex. I thought my school's difficult courses and the hard rotations that I took 4th year would be enough to get me by. They were, but refusing to study was a terrible idea. I walked away feeling like I very likely failed but ended up passing by a small margin.
I studied for a total of maybe 15 hours and scored a 131 :)

i am also very humble

Isn't the nationwide passing rate above 90% for first attempt? As long as you're not among the dumbest 10%, you'll be fine. I didn't study all that much and got like a 130. It's a minimum competency exam after all.

Wahway,

CONGRATS!!! I love reading stories like yours. I wish more people like you posted their experience. I also had a low Pre-NAPLEX. I got a 67 and then ended up with a 107 on the NAPLEX. However, I took the pre-NAPLEX about 6 weeks before the NAPLEX. Needless to say, I think your story is truly remarkable. You were able to climb out of a tight spot and did it FAST! Would you care to share your NAPLEX score? I think it is important for others to see that a Pre-NAPLEX of 47 can be turned around into a passing score.

Best,

Apotheker2015
Hi Apotheker2015!

Thank you!! I will as soon as I receive it! I received my license but not my scores lol.

Isn't the nationwide passing rate above 90% for first attempt? As long as you're not among the dumbest 10%, you'll be fine. I didn't study all that much and got like a 130. It's a minimum competency exam after all.
First of all, everyone is different. What you may find easy, others find hard. Using the word dumb is really unnecessary. Also, there are people who may have faced different obstacles (outside of school) during their pharmacy school experience. Congrats on the 130, but respect those who have to work a little harder than you because they have more responsibilities than you.

First of all, everyone is different. What you may find easy, others find hard. Using the word dumb is really unnecessary. Also, there are people who may have faced different obstacles (outside of school) during their pharmacy school experience. Congrats on the 130, but respect those who have to work a little harder than you because they have more responsibilities than you.

Wahway... Let it go... Let it go... I forget the rest of the song but let it go. Scores mean nothing. NABP said recently that it was considering making the NAPLEX pass/fail. Scores mean nothing and no one cares about your score. Get licensed and keep that license clean.

Last edited:
Oh really? That's interesting, because I did really well on the rxprep math, but found the Naplex questions to be similar to the SDN 120 questions. My friend had said that her math was more like rxprep, but I had like 5 TPN questions and the rest of my math wasn't as easy as rxprep.

Yeah my math was similar to RXPrep with drip rates, concentrations, ratios, etc.. nothing too complicated as long as you got what the question was asking for.

Members don't see this ad :)
Congrats!!!! 10 pounds?? Most people gain weight studying for Naplex! :bucktooth:

Congrats!!!! 10 pounds?? Most people gain weight studying for Naplex! :bucktooth:
Haha thanks!
Wahway... Let it go... Let it go... I forget the rest of the song but let it go. Scores mean nothing. NABP said recently that it was considering making the NAPLEX pass/fail. Scores mean nothing and no one cares about your score. Get licensed and keep that license clean.
lol yes, you're absolutely correct! I just honestly wanted to make sure others don't freak out over it. Scores don't matter!!! However, I'll still post mine when I receive it.

Haha thanks!

lol yes, you're absolutely correct! I just honestly wanted to make sure others don't freak out over it. Scores don't matter!!! However, I'll still post mine when I receive it.

LOL, yeah, just get your license and start raking in that cash. Did you line up a job yet?

LOL, yeah, just get your license and start raking in that cash. Did you line up a job yet?
Yes, I do! I am actually the pharmacy manager at work now. This job was the main reason I took the Naplex when I did.

please post your score i am in the same boat, i got a 64 on my prenaplex and have reached a study block where i cannot study anymore. And i was redoing math problems and i found myself making dumb mistakes like rounding... i did rxprep quiz bank but not every chapter as i found that took too long.

Know your math!!!!!!

hi did you find out?

hi did you find out?
Yes, I did and I barely passed! I got a 78, but remember my prenaplex was way lower than yours! Just stay calm and you will be fine. Let us know how you end up doing and best of luck!

90%? I think it's >95%. I have no sympathy for people who don't pass - they are the bottom of the bottom of the barrel in terms of knowledge. Scary.

90%? I think it's >95%. I have no sympathy for people who don't pass - they are the bottom of the bottom of the barrel in terms of knowledge. Scary.
Too bad, live with it.

Yes, I did and I barely passed! I got a 78, but remember my prenaplex was way lower than yours! Just stay calm and you will be fine. Let us know how you end up doing and best of luck!
thank you! you are a very nice person! keep me in your prayers please... i take it on thursday

thank you! you are a very nice person! keep me in your prayers please... i take it on thursday
I will keep you in my prayers!! Stay calm and focused. Seriously, if you get nervous during your exam just remind yourself to stay calm lol.

i passed as well! Thanks for your help and support Wahway. Everybody: don't worry about pre naplex, it is only there to get you familar with format. Those numbers don't mean anything