PCAT+Biochem

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

UCF Knight

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
So apparently there's going to be biochemistry on the PCAT now. I'm wondering if I should take Biochem I first before the pcat, or just take orgo 2 and let that be the end of it. The thing is, if I take biochem before the pcat, then I'll pretty much be free an entire year because the matriculation/undergrad graduation won't coincide because of the application. Advice?

Members don't see this ad.

its pretty basic biochem, an actual class goes way beyond the scope of the pcat. If your Orgo class goes over basic sugar/protein structures and you have some knowledge on what their functions are, you should be fine

It was basic biochem but there were some questions that you wouldn't know unless you took biochem or molecular cell biology. You don't need biochem to still do well on the Chemistry though.

It was basic biochem but there were some questions that you wouldn't know unless you took biochem or molecular cell biology. You don't need biochem to still do well on the Chemistry though.

the biochem was ridiculously easy. it felt like material from general bio 1 before you even knew what biochem was :laugh:. essentially it made the chem section alot easier cuz it was just more bio.