PCS - Problems setting up HHG move through DPS website

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ishii123

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Anyone else having problems with DPS website to set up a House Hold Goods (HHG) move?

I PCS this summer and have been told to use the DPS website to set up my HHG move. But alas, DPS is giving me problems. I successfully logged into DPS and I try to do the "Self Counseling Session" in DPS, but the website freezes at the early steps. I get to the question "Do you have Hard Copy Orders" and click "yes", then DPS does the "Please Wait" icon for over 40 minutes! Then just for kicks, I click "no" to the question and it does the same thing! I tried to restart my computer and restart DPS (log out and log back in), but nothing works!

ARGHHH! This is frustrating! What a waste of my time!

Members don't see this ad.

Anyone else having problems with DPS website to set up a House Hold Goods (HHG) move?

I PCS this summer and have been told to use the DPS website to set up my HHG move. But alas, DPS is giving me problems. I successfully logged into DPS and I try to do the "Self Counseling Session" in DPS, but the website freezes at the early steps. I get to the question "Do you have Hard Copy Orders" and click "yes", then DPS does the "Please Wait" icon for over 40 minutes! Then just for kicks, I click "no" to the question and it does the same thing! I tried to restart my computer and restart DPS (log out and log back in), but nothing works!

That site is terrible in general but seems to be most compatible with Internet Explorer with popups enabled. FYI you have to have your orders to proceed through.

It is a pain. Try calling the helpline. They were actually helpful, i think theyre manned 24/7 too.

It is a pain. Try calling the helpline. They were actually helpful, i think theyre manned 24/7 too.
Thanks! I called the helpdesk and found out that DPS only works on the older versions of Internet Explorer 6, 7, 8, and Firefox. My Internet Explorer 10 is too advanced and hi tech for DPS and it "implodes" when I try to use it. So I downloaded Firefox and completed my DPS application request successfully for my HHG.