penn people

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

starbright

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
wen u guys sent in your check, did they send u back anything?? i haven't received ANYTHING but i already called..and they said they had received my check..thanks

Members don't see this ad.

i got a letter about 2 weeks after i sent in the check saying they received it. apparently some people have already gotten pennkeys stuff too, but not me. as long as they confirmed having your check, you should be alright.

PickMe said:
i got a letter about 2 weeks after i sent in the check saying they received it. apparently some people have already gotten pennkeys stuff too, but not me. as long as they confirmed having your check, you should be alright.

They do send out a receipt. In regards to your PennKey you have to set that up yourself. Don't worry, you have plenty of time to do it and a lot of people this last year simply did it during orientation.

Members don't see this ad :)
Sprgrover said:
They do send out a receipt. In regards to your PennKey you have to set that up yourself. Don't worry, you have plenty of time to do it and a lot of people this last year simply did it during orientation.

Do I have to send my deposit via FedEx or DHL? Is it okay to use regular mail?

i used regular mail. didnt they give you a stamped envelope to use?

PickMe said:
i used regular mail. didnt they give you a stamped envelope to use?

yeah they did. I was a bit worried though since some schools (like Columbia) don't want us to use regular mail.

if you have over a week, then id just use regular mail. if you are in a crunch for time, or even just uncomfortable, then request a receipt to know when the school receives it.

Send everything certified receipt requested!!

I sent the check with the envelope they included. I didn't get a receipt either but I called the admissions office about 2 weeks later to confirm. They got it.

honeywell said:
Do I have to send my deposit via FedEx or DHL? Is it okay to use regular mail?

Regular mail. I sent mine certified so that I could have some sort of confirmation if I received a "sorry, we didn't get..." response (it didn't happen, but I'm big on covering my bases).

thanks guys, I think I will send it tomorrow. Hope to see you all :love:

i called again today and they said they did receive it jan 9..just maybe my letter from them got lost in the mail. at least they have it!