Pennsylvania License/PPLE Exam

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Fenestella

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi PA Psychologists!!

I took the PPLE and failed it :( So frustrating after taking/passing the EPPP. Not to mention that the PA board is being a pain about it.

My question is for people who passed the PPLE: What are some study tips that you may have and how should I navigate the questions on the exam that are so oddly/specifically worded? Thanks for your help and encouragement!! :)

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Hi PA Psychologists!!

I took the PPLE and failed it :( So frustrating after taking/passing the EPPP. Not to mention that the PA board is being a pain about it.

My question is for people who passed the PPLE: What are some study tips that you may have and how should I navigate the questions on the exam that are so oddly/specifically worded? Thanks for your help and encouragement!! :)
Hi Fenestella,

I also failed PPLE on the first try. It is such a silly exam. Anything has to do with numbers on PROFESSIONAL PSYCHOLOGISTS PRACTICE ACT and CHAPTER 41. STATE BOARD OF PSYCHOLOGY, you will need to memorize. I attached both here in case you have not used them to prepare. The application questions difficulty level is similar with EPPP. Reviewing the Ethics portion of some EPPP practice exams to familiarize some tricky questions that might show up in PPLE can be helpful. Wish you best of luck! :)

Attachments

• CHAPTER 41. STATE BOARD OF PSYCHOLOGY.pdf
    196.8 KB · Views: 257
  • PsychM - Psychology Board Act.pdf
    104.7 KB · Views: 260
  • Love
Reactions: 1 users
Hi Fenestella,

I also failed PPLE on the first try. It is such a silly exam. Anything has to do with numbers on PROFESSIONAL PSYCHOLOGISTS PRACTICE ACT and CHAPTER 41. STATE BOARD OF PSYCHOLOGY, you will need to memorize. I attached both here in case you have not used them to prepare. The application questions difficulty level is similar with EPPP. Reviewing the Ethics portion of some EPPP practice exams to familiarize some tricky questions that might show up in PPLE can be helpful. Wish you best of luck! :)
Thank you!

Members don't see this ad :)
My fiancé has now failed for the third time, so frustrating! We bought the review material, studied both required documents. Interestingly, she got 20 questions correct for a 65, 21 for a 68, and now 22 for a 72. How in the world can they make this test statistically significant if one question Changes your scaled score by 4 points? I think their are studies out there showing that getting 20 questions vs 21 vs 22 questions correct on the same test is statistically the same however on this its a 7 point difference? Just voicing frustrations out there for others who might be in the same boat. Any tips appreciated.

Just to validate, it's legit a very challenging/tricky exam. I found that the practice exams weren't of much use; I just reviewed the ethical guidelines themselves over and over.

Just took it and failed (21/68) :( So frustrating because talking to my friends/colleagues in other states, several states either don't have an equivalent of the PPLE or it's much more chill. I reviewed both documents and took the practice tests but I found the actual exam questions much more difficult than the practice tests, which I got a passing score on. It's annoying because I feel like the only thing I can do prior to my retake is just read the document over and over - which is wild because we all have access to these documents before and after the exam so I don't know why the exam has to be so nitpicky or closed-note when we have access to the material.

Anyway, end rant, thanks to everyone who's shared on here about their own difficulty with the exam as that is validating and helpful on my road to radical acceptance.