Perio Programs and applying

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
me neither... I called and they said we will be notified by regular mail of their decisions by sept 13. It sucks having to wait more than a week for a rejection letter... might as well let us know sooner of the rejection and save us the grieve

I think they need some back up plans and need to make sure that all the spots are filled and everyone accepted their offers before sending out rejection letters

Members don't see this ad.

Hello
I am international dentist and i really need your help. I have no idea about interviews in USA.

I've just received an Itinerary of my visit to USC and it is written that there will be interviewees clinical observation. What does this mean?? Does it mean that there will be a clinical examination for us??

Also if you have any advice like example of questions or how to answer specific question or what should i wear? What should i expect in interview? Is there any thing that i need to be prepared for?

Thank you in advance and your response and your help would be greatly appreciated.

Does anybody know about Boston....have they started inviting?

Has anybody interviewed with them? Can anybody share their experiences please!

Members don't see this ad :)
Does anybody know about Boston....have they started inviting?

Has anybody interviewed with them? Can anybody share their experiences please!

I think all programs already filled their spots as of August 30th.

i called Boston n they said they still have open spots

since the deadline is in december......

Hey guys any news from Case Western???? does anyone know if they have started inviting????

Hi, when you called them, do you think they have interviews some and given out offers already, or they will interview all candidates and give offers all in Dec.?

i called Boston n they said they still have open spots

since the deadline is in december......

Hi, when you called them, do you think they have already interviewed some and given out offers, or they will interview all candidates and give offers all in Dec.?

Hi there. I am in my third year and planing to apply to a perio program this cycle. Would some of the people who applied and got accepted be kind enough to share their stats? Thanks in advance

Hi there. I am in my third year and planing to apply to a perio program this cycle. Would some of the people who applied and got accepted be kind enough to share their stats? Thanks in advance
Is there anyone who can help me with this. I posted this over 2 weeks a go

Members don't see this ad :)
any new threads for perio 2015????? I am reapplying again this year and it would help if people in my shoes are discussing the current application procedures!

Reactions: 1 user
I am currently a R1 going to R2. I don't plan to open up my practice right away when I graduate. I'd probably work as an associate or buy into a practice when I first get out. Maybe even part-time teaching.

Most of our attendings own private practices. I think the private practice model can still do very well. Referrals will come if you have the skills and personality.

jigabodo,
What would you say is a typical net income for a private practice perio doc?

thanx

Thanks guys! that's a relief. Although my part 1 score is low and part 2 is pass, I am doing an aegd - hope it helps. Btw I haven't seen the format of the ppi or pef's - do any of them require a college stamp and sign on it...is there a space for that too? or are my recommeders just supposed to fill and uopload the answers online.

Wait,

You didn't get into Perio? How many programs did you apply to?

any new threads for perio 2015????? I am reapplying again this year and it would help if people in my shoes are discussing the current application procedures!

Hey I am reapplying too.
This time I am applying to UT Houston, UConn, San Antonio, Baylor, Louisville, North Carolina, UCSF.
What all programs have you applied to?

Hey I am reapplying too.
This time I am applying to UT Houston, UConn, San Antonio, Baylor, Louisville, North Carolina, UCSF.

So is Perio competitive now?

just got invited for an interview at VCU. Anybody else going there on July 28th ?

Hey I am reapplying too.

I applied to UConn, UMN, Louisville, Louisiana, San antonio, Rochester, OSU......did anyone of you hear from these programs???

Cmon guys....its mid July. No invites to anybody up till now?????? Please share and help your fellow colleagues!

Got two more invites fro uthscsa and ucsf. anybody else going to interview at these schools? Any feed back on these programs is appreciated. Which one offers the best training?

Got two more invites fro uthscsa and ucsf. anybody else going to interview at these schools? Any feed back on these programs is appreciated. Which one offers the best training?
Great! Congrats on the interview call.
Could you please share your stats?

I have.....
Imanm could you share your stats with me as well?

I applied to 10 schools, got 9 interviews and attended 7 of them. I also visited almost all the places before my interview. It was a little overboard but it gave me more perspective.

Of the places I interviewed my tops were UAB, San Antonio, Baylor, UW, and VCU.
UW was expensive with no stipend and VCU didn't have a prosth program so those are disadvantages. I had an interview at UT Houston but couldn't attend; I've heard good things about their program.

I would have loved to go to Pitt but they charge 40k/year for the first 2 years and only 2 of the 3 residents get a stipend. One of things I noticed this year was that the applicant pool was very competitive. A lot of people had done 1-2 year gprs/aegds......one guy had even been a dentist for 13 years.

Hope this helps.

Hey Quattro, you got interviews from most of the schools you applied to. Could you please shed some light on how to improve the profile?
Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Did anyone interview at SLU??? Any suggestions are most welcome!!!

Cmon guys, don't freeze the thread. Any information regarding the interviews will be helpful. It will be a lot more helpful if those who got offers or interviews would share their experience. It really helps people like us who are in the rat race but have no clue about whats happening.

Did anyone recieve anything from USC? And is it competitive?

Hey! Has anyone heard from boston, maryland and tufts?? Are they done selecting the candidates?

nopes. applied to tufts and BU. no news from both

Hi perioenthu,
I am planning to apply for perio program this year. Any updates regarding SLU would be apreciated

Anyone planning to apply for perio 2016 cycle.

Dear Fellows
i allready received interviews from VCU, Columbia, Michigan and saint louis.
Any one heared whether Texas San Antonio had give people interviews?!