PGY-1 Support Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
If there's one thing I know for certain it's that I do not want a pgy2...

Members don't see this ad.

Did anyone use PPS last year? I'm getting paranoid by this interview counter. I got some interviews, but it states "interview: 0" on my profile. When I go to see if I can add something to the calendar, it only lets you pick times you're not available but nothing changes. Does it matter if the counter keeps up with your actual interview count as long as you and your interviewer have something set up?

Did anyone use PPS last year? I'm getting paranoid by this interview counter. I got some interviews, but it states "interview: 0" on my profile. When I go to see if I can add something to the calendar, it only lets you pick times you're not available but nothing changes. Does it matter if the counter keeps up with your actual interview count as long as you and your interviewer have something set up?
I did not do PPS last year so I'm not sure about the "interview counter" but I know the PGY-2s at my program did for various programs and said it was helpful.

Also this is a week that reminds me why 12 days in a row is cruel and unusual punishment.

Members don't see this ad :)
Pretty much no one is using the interview counter. I got confirmation about interviews (I have around 6 so far), and only 2 are on the counter. Oh well. Thanks for the info though!

How goes it guys?! We're almost at the half way mark! Who's going to do it again next year?! :)

I am thinking about it and will be applying to a few PGY-2 Amb care programs with focus in Academia. I'm also really interested in Kaiser. Other than that I am applying to Jobs and one or two faculty positions I may have a shot at. Time will tell! :)

Any of you guys decide to go for it? I'm applying now. It's hard because so many programs are early committing. I have my list of programs that I really liked from Midyear. I just have to wait and see if they early committed or not.

After the midyear now, hope everyone had their main projected approved and have started your data collection. If not, start scrambling asap. If you already gone onto data analysis, give yourself a pat on the back.

After the midyear now, hope everyone had their main projected approved and have started your data collection. If not, start scrambling asap. If you already gone onto data analysis, give yourself a pat on the back.

I've gone into data analysis for the most part. I thought I was behind. :p

Do you tell the truth when you evaluate a preceptor or do you just let it go and rank them fairly high and keep it moving?

Do you tell the truth when you evaluate a preceptor or do you just let it go and rank them fairly high and keep it moving?

Are we talking ResiTrak here? I usually just rank everyone pretty high in RT. I have had more honest discussions on how things went in person, particularly if the preceptor has asked for the feedback.

Are we talking ResiTrak here? I usually just rank everyone pretty high in RT. I have had more honest discussions on how things went in person, particularly if the preceptor has asked for the feedback.
Yeah, in ResiTrak. I've been torn with leaving an honest yet professional opinion or just rank high. There were some concerns I had I guess.

Yeah, in ResiTrak. I've been torn with leaving an honest yet professional opinion or just rank high. There were some concerns I had I guess.

I would think if you phrase it in a constructive manner and you are sure they won't take offense go for it. It's not like you are planning to look for a job at that institution either :)

I would think if you phrase it in a constructive manner and you are sure they won't take offense go for it. It's not like you are planning to look for a job at that institution either :)

I just decided to leave a good review. The good parts were true, I just left out the part I wasn't satisfied with.

I thought I was done with the adolescent "he likes me, he likes me not, he likes me, he likes me not" stage in life. Unfortunately, this PGY-2 application process makes me feel like a sixteen year old girl with a crush on the high school quarterback. I fell in love with one of the programs I interviewed with. The only part that scares me is that I applied to only three programs, will be ranking two, and if I don't match….holy crap, I don't know what I'm going to do with my life. I'm not a risk taker, but I feel like I'm taking a huge risk this year. :confused: