Pharmacist Intern License

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

crytal

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello, does anyone know how long is the processing time for pharmacist intern application in California? Thank you very much.

Members don't see this ad.

This year it took forever for the board to process the intern licenses. For USC we filled out our app on Aug 27 and we didn't get them till like mid October. People in first rotation had to go to externship without them. I guess they usually come a lot quicker or something.

Submitted app at the end of march...ended up getting it in june after bugging them at the 60 day mark (earliest they'll take your email)

Members don't see this ad :)
I went to the BOP website and verified the intern pharmacist with my name. It shows the license was issued this Monday. But how soon will it be mailed to me? Anyone know? Thank you very much.

I went to the BOP website and verified the intern pharmacist with my name. It shows the license was issued this Monday. But how soon will it be mailed to me? Anyone know? Thank you very much.

are you a pharmacist, grad intern, or a student? just curious.

I'm a pharmacist out of california.

It took three weeks for mine to come, but since you're out of state I'm not sure how long the wait will be. Also the board is probably less busy this time of the year because there isn't the flood of processing that occurs when schools start in August and all the new applications are received.

Thank you pharmacystudent09! Did you mean that you waited for 3 weeks to receive the license after it was issued?

Yes it was about three weeks from the day it was posted under "verify a license" on the board of pharmacy website.