Pharmacist offer, but no exact pay rate.

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

PharmDSuperFlyK

Reaction score
I recently received a job offer but I am contemplating on accepting the offer because they didn't give me an exact salary or pay rate... The minimum was very low and I don't want to accept the offer and be stuck with the minimum amount. I have been an intern for this company for 2 years.

offer states:
"Your salary will be a minimum of **,****.**per year, paid on a bi-weekly basis. After you receive your initial store assignment, your actual initial starting salary and base scheduled hours will be determined, and may be higher than the minimums noted above"

Should I inquire about the exact pay rate? The interview was yesterday and I received my offer today. Maybe they don't know what my exact pay would be at this time but I don't want them to think that I am desperate and I will accept anything. What should my email to the hiring manager say?

Members don't see this ad.

Of course you want the full details of the offer before you sign the offer... Ask them about the actual details of the offer and to give you a legit offer before you sign it. How are you going to sign something without even knowing how many hours they are going to give you per pay period

Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)
The hours probably depend on the hours of operation of the pharmacy. I would bet the hourly rate isn’t going to change though, just your base hours.

Reactions: 1 user
Yeah this would be like buying a car or house without knowing your monthly payment. Not smart.

Reactions: 1 users
Just assume its the minimum. Care to mention the exact figure?

I second the comment about hourly rate already being set. It sounds like your minimum salary is based off of your minimum hours worked and may increase if you end up at a store with a higher base. Hourly rate won't change though.

Just assume its the minimum. Care to mention the exact figure?
I'd guess it's around $45/h * 30 hours/week, so $70k. With student loans that's poverty level wages to work a horrible job.

I would sign and keep looking.

Reactions: 1 users
I'd guess it's around $45/h * 30 hours/week, so $70k. With student loans that's poverty level wages to work a horrible job.
I will make 50% more, do a third of the work and have more say at my job than op ever will. Sometimes I feel bad for the sheep going to slaughter, sometimes I don't. I remember when I was at a big rx. Folks overheard the dm tell the store manager to hire desperate employees. It's really the only reason to work there.

You need them to provide a number. You are not there to volunteer your time. A job offer includes details of pay.