Pharmacy app/resource

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

CuriousPharmD

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
What is the best medicine/drug app/resource for drug substitution? Specifically to save patients money...is there such a thing? Something similar to healthkart plus but for the US?

ex...md prescribes Lipitor...app shows that Zocor/simvastatin is an adequate substitute....thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Remember all that time you spent in school learning drugs and therapeutics? You know what your pharmacy charges for drugs. Use your brain to either come up with a similar combo or cheaper drug.

Reactions: 2 users
Remember all that time you spent in school learning drugs and therapeutics? You know what your pharmacy charges for drugs. Use your brain to either come up with a similar combo or cheaper drug.

no wonder people think rphs are a$$holes....

Members don't see this ad :)
What would you think if your accountant was posting on message boards asking for an app to figure out which deductions they should take for people? Probably that they don't have the basic knowledge to do their job. What you are asking for is basic knowledge from a PharmD program.

I'm an a-hole because you don't know what you're doing and pretty much just asked for an app that essentially replaces everything you should've learned in pharmacy school. Make sense to me. Why bother having a pharmacist then! We can just replace everyone with apps. And you guys think the job market is bad now!

thanks aj!!

maybe I would like this app for meds that are not used on a regular basis? did the pharmacy student and PRE-PHARMACY student who wanted to post unhelpful judgemental post replys ever think of this??

good luck finding jobs when you graduate!!!

thanks aj!!

maybe I would like this app for meds that are not used on a regular basis? did the pharmacy student and PRE-PHARMACY student who wanted to post unhelpful judgemental post replys ever think of this??

good luck finding jobs when you graduate!!!

It's said pre-pharmacy ever since I joined and I never bothered to make it the correct one because I'm on mobile and everyone's opinion is equally irrelevant to me. I don't judge based on titles; I hate everyone equally.

It's said pre-pharmacy ever since I joined and I never bothered to make it the correct one because I'm on mobile and everyone's opinion is equally irrelevant to me. I don't judge based on titles; I hate everyone equally.

and I don't judge based on questions on this board...so maybe you should practice what you preach...

Epocrates is helpful to show you what tier a drug class is with a large database of insurance plans.

Also ironically Meijers (Midwest pharmacy) gives out all strengths of atorvastatin for free so that's the cheapest statin around here. They also give out free prenatal vitamins and metformin

Part of it is knowing the area where you practice. Back when I was an intern, we would have all the drug list from competitors printed so we can easily refer to them. However, those are probably available as a pdf from respective websites.

To the best of my knowledge, there is no one app for this information. The closest is probably lexicomp which gives you awp... thats my go to resource when someone asks me how much a drug cost.