This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

diana2000

Reaction score
Hey everyone i’m currently applying for the 2021-2022 cycle for pharmacy school and was wondering if it matters on when i apply? the pharmcas application opens july 14 and realistically i could apply then but my summer classes aren’t finalized till august 20 and i want those classes to show up on my transcript finalized (orgo 1, orgo 2 and physics). Realistically I can send in my application the end of august but i want to know if that affects me in anyway since pharmcas got rid of early action. All the help will be great! thank you!

Members don't see this ad.

Hey everyone i’m currently applying for the 2021-2022 cycle for pharmacy school and was wondering if it matters on when i apply? the pharmcas application opens july 14 and realistically i could apply then but my summer classes aren’t finalized till august 20 and i want those classes to show up on my transcript finalized (orgo 1, orgo 2 and physics). Realistically I can send in my application the end of august but i want to know if that affects me in anyway since pharmcas got rid of early action. All the help will be great! thank you!
It actually does not matter when you can apply. I am not sure if there are some schools that do early decision. You can also submit your application in July and then wait on your other classes and submit your transcript again. I hope that helps :) let me know if you have any other questions. Good luck!!!

Reactions: 1 user
it doesn't really matter when you apply. they are offering pharmacy school to the students who got rejected from med and dental school. So they consider students at very last minute too. The state university in my state is so desperate to fill the pharmacy class.
Before you apply please rethink about going to pharmacy school.

Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)

For programs that do rolling admissions its first come first serve so in theory "sooner" is better than "later." For you, waiting from July to August wont have any affect on your chances when looking in the realms of pharmacy school interviews. Many before you have submitted applications much later with interviews literally 2 months before the start of their programs first semester.

That said, PharmCAS should give you the option to list as to when you would be taking your other pre-requisite courses if you decide to apply before your transcript is finalized/updated. You'll have the ability to resubmit new transcripts on your existing application once you have designated the programs you wish to attend.

You can apply and get accepted within a week at literally any moment even 2 weeks out from matriculation. As long as you have a 2.3 GPA+ you'll be alright.

Reactions: 1 user
You can apply and get accepted within a week at literally any moment even 2 weeks out from matriculation. As long as you have a 2.3 GPA+ you'll be alright.
That is sad. With standards like that, there will be tons of washouts who fail out or cannot pass their board licensure exams. Pretty much the model for for-profit schools and Caribbean medical schools.

Even master's programs from reputable schools have higher standards requiring a 3.0 GPA with most matriculants having at least a 3.3 or higher GPA.

Last edited: