Pharmacy internship for International students

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

analine

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone!

I hope everyone is getting ready for finals :thumbup:. I was wondering if international students on F1 visa or H4 visas are eligible to be pharmacy interns when they are in pharmacy school, I'm curious about the eligibility in Ohio and Kentucky, I checked on the ohio state board website but I couldn't find anything regarding immigration status of the intern.
If you anyone could please enlighten me about this issue I would greatly appreciate it.
Thanks,

Members don't see this ad.

Hi everyone!

I hope everyone is getting ready for finals :thumbup:. I was wondering if international students on F1 visa or H4 visas are eligible to be pharmacy interns when they are in pharmacy school, I'm curious about the eligibility in Ohio and Kentucky, I checked on the ohio state board website but I couldn't find anything regarding immigration status of the intern.
If you anyone could please enlighten me about this issue I would greatly appreciate it.
Thanks,
I know the way it functions. While in pharmacy school, your school has the right to authorize you to be an intern in any pharmacy. I have at least five friends who were once interns in pharmacies. They are all lnternational students. It is not a problem. Just contact your advisor or dean, and they would help you out

The internship is a required component of your PharmD, so it is Curricular Practical Training (CPT). CPT is not hard to get; the authorization is far simpler. When you get to pharmacy school, just talk to the international student advisor.