pharmacy school-something you wished you knew sooner

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
This was her gift from her husband for their anniversary and she gets gifts like this on a
regular basis.
599681_10151044091516465_1496036603_n.jpg

599422_10151044091361465_1327722818_n.jpg

Members don't see this ad.

I should have married rich like my best friend Annie. School sucks and working sucks even more.

Only thing I like doing is spending money and laying on the beach. My friend Annie gets to do that everyday for the rest of her life and she never step foot in college.

Man I wish I was as smart as her!

what does your friend's husband do?

Members don't see this ad :)
wow he got her M&M stuffed animal? how cute...

It might be for their 1yo daughter. They had a baby girl last year in June.

what does your friend's husband do?

He is a patent examiner. He makes six figures but I don't know exactly how much. He also buys and sells cars for fun...here is his website. http://www.trustedimports.com/ He loves Lamborghini especially.

The point is married rich beats anything. LOL

Annie and I were best friends in high school. We look like sisters. She choose to get married and I choose to go to college.

I made the WRONG choice. :rolleyes: Stupid me.

Annie will be in Paris while I am stuck doing MTM....why do my life suck so badly?

Annie and I were best friends in high school. We look like sisters. She choose to get married and I choose to go to college.

Annie will be in Paris while I am stuck doing MTM....why do my life suck so badly?

When you say marry rich, how much per year are we talking about here?

It might be for their 1yo daughter. They had a baby girl last year in June.

He is a patent examiner. He makes six figures but I don't know exactly how much. He also buys and sells cars for fun...here is his website. http://www.trustedimports.com/ He loves Lamborghini especially.

Well, you still have your chances, choose your rotations wisely - neurosurgery for example, and marry a rich doctor of your dreams. :idea: :laugh:

When you say marry rich, how much per year are we talking about here?

If you can find a guy and you don't ever have to work. You get to spend money, go on vacations, buy what you want, recieve nice gifts (BMW for example) and you never have to work or worry about money. Then I say you are golden.

Beats working period. The End. Anyone that disagrees is just a jealous fool.

Well, you still have your chances, choose your rotations wisely - neurosurgery for example, and marry a rich doctor of your dreams. :idea: :laugh:

I am currently dating a Emory medical student and he wants to be a neurosurgeon! LOL...I am about to move out of state for my rotations though...so it might not work out.

SHC where have you been lately? And don't say working...:laugh:

Where have I been lately? Hmmm....This is my life...rotations at a home infustion pharmacy...I call patients and do their start up care counseling, do some vancomycin calculations as needed, help the techs in the back when it's busy, and do some discharge paperwork....That's Monday to Friday 9am to 6pm.

On my free time I go shopping, swimming, or watch movies....I been swimming a lot now since I have a pool. I am so DARK now. LOL....

This is my life...so damn boring. :rolleyes:

Yes, I am working for free...which is MUCH worst!

If you can find a guy and you don't ever have to work. You get to spend money, go on vacations, buy what you want, recieve nice gifts (BMW for example) and you never have to work or worry about money. Then I say you are golden.

I'm not jealous. I like working. I like being a pharmacist. I like owning my own business. My husband and I are equal partners in our relationship and are a team. We have a cute baby, cute dogs, and another little sweetie on the way. Would I like to have more money and never worry about money again? Sure, who wouldn't? But intellectually, I would not be satisfied with just shopping and going to the beach every day. I know it's inconceivable to you, but people have different goals and aspirations in life.

But intellectually, I would not be satisfied with just shopping and going to the beach every day.

I don't understand women who give up their careers to just stay at home and either be a stay-at-home mom or to just shop and hang with their other girlfriends who do the same. What would you talk about and bring to a relationship? I would just get bored all the time. Now, women who work part-time at least or do something like charity I get, but not those who spend all their time shopping.

Members don't see this ad :)

Hmm, that does sound like the life. Who knows if some people have any money leftover, though.

It could be all in their cars.

I don't understand women who give up their careers to just stay at home and either be a stay-at-home mom or to just shop and hang with their other girlfriends who do the same. What would you talk about and bring to a relationship? I would just get bored all the time. Now, women who work part-time at least or do something like charity I get, but not those who spend all their time shopping.

I have many friends who are stay at home moms, and for some of them it's very practical because they have 3 or 4 kids. Many of them find it very fulfilling as well. I've done it for a few months at a time (and will again for a few months when this baby is born in November). I find it very difficult emotionally and intellectually. Our family works better and everyone is happier when my husband and I both work. I started my own MTM company to give me better hours, holidays off, etc so that I would be around more than if I were working in certain pharmacy settings. It's worked out great so far for all of us. We have an excellent childcare provider and our son loves his friends and teachers.

I can't judge stay at home moms. On the other hand, I can't relate to someone whose main ambition in life is to go to the beach every day or go shopping. Especially if there are kids involved. Who is watching the kids while mom abuses her credit card at the mall or suns herself at the beach? Shopping/beach bumming aren't very intellectually stimulating activities for children, day in and day out. How about some museums, playgrounds, music classes, something?

Hmm, that does sound like the life. Who knows if some people have any money leftover, though.

It could be all in their cars.

I wondered the same thing. I also wondered what would happen if sugar daddy dies and hasn't planned adequately for his wife and children's support. Happens pretty frequently. Or what happens when sugar daddy gets tired of the wife after she's no longer young/skinny/hot/beautiful. I think a trophy wife runs the risk of getting traded in for a shinier model.

Being 5 rotations away from graduation - Here are my some but, probably, not very popular thoughts:

Don't let pharm school consume you and despite what professors and academia people want you to think - school is not everything. The generic all-about-pharmacy-member-of-a-100-orgs people are so bland and boring to be around. There is a world outside of school and while of course you want to be successful, you need to pursue things that in the long run will make you happy and make you an interesting person to be around, inspirational and just wholesome overall.

I have a good friend who is an MD but also a professional musician who plays in an amazing band and has this marvelous shows all over the city. They (his band) are captivating to listen to! He is mega successful career wise but individually too. This is the kind of person I want to be. Despite pulling as much as 90 hrs on certain rotations, I stuck with my contemporary dance lessons and will come out of pharm school a dancer (a new skill for me) and a pharmacist.

Also, don't let your health go. Keep up with your exercise and fitness and healthy diet - some people get so stressed/depressed that between gorging on sugar while cramming for finals and slacking off on your regular exercise, suddenly you are 15-30 lbs heavier by the P4 year. And I'm not trying to judge ( the opposite), I am only merely trying to encourage you to take care of the most important person in your life and his or her health - you. :luck:

:thumbup:

My boyfriend is an MD, currently doing his residency in a very high paying specialty. If the current reimbursement model still holds when he graduates, he'll be making about as much as a typical general neurosurgeon.

He has told me, many times, that if I were the kind of person to "find a guy and not ever have to work," and be perfectly happy spending his money on jewelry and expensive cars, we would not be together.

And I have told him, many times, that if we get married, we're signing a pre-nup. I don't want his money, I don't need his money, and I will never take his money. My earning potential is high enough to support me. He knows that I'm not with him because of the money.

So good luck finding the doctor willing to support you as you spend his hard-earned cash. I've seen it backfire on a lot of women. Either they get dumped, for being leeches, or they get dumped for someone younger and prettier. There are a lot of doctors who would not touch you with a ten foot pole if they knew that your main ambition was to be a trophy wife.

My boyfriend is an MD, currently doing his residency in a very high paying specialty. If the current reimbursement model still holds when he graduates, he'll be making about as much as a typical general neurosurgeon.

He has told me, many times, that if I were the kind of person to "find a guy and not ever have to work," and be perfectly happy spending his money on jewelry and expensive cars, we would not be together.

And I have told him, many times, that if we get married, we're signing a pre-nup. I don't want his money, I don't need his money, and I will never take his money. My earning potential is high enough to support me. He knows that I'm not with him because of the money.

So good luck finding the doctor willing to support you as you spend his hard-earned cash. I've seen it backfire on a lot of women. Either they get dumped, for being leeches, or they get dumped for someone younger and prettier. There are a lot of doctors who would not touch you with a ten foot pole if they knew that your main ambition was to be a trophy wife.

This.

Looks don't last. It's sad to see all the middle aged women shopping at whole foods in their yoga pants with their bratty, spoiled children and looking like they had a few too many rounds of botox and lipo...

Scottsdale is notorious for trophy wives but when the guy finds someone hotter and younger, those women are left with nothing...no skills to go into the job market and only some alimony/child support +/- aforementioned bratty, spoiled children. It's not just a stereotype ya know. I've seen it many, many times and personally know women who ended up screwed over.

So, lots of them spend so much energy and time trying to look young.

Who says just because you marry rich you are a gold digger? My best friend Annie married rich and she is NOT. They been together for 11 years and will never be divorce. Her husband loves her too much to ever do that. She is too hot to get rid of too. We look just alike. ;)

If your boyfriend loves you he wouldn't mind buying you nice cars and expensive jewelry and anything in the world. If a guy loves you he will buy you whatever you want.

If he doesn't give a damn about you then sure he will NOT buy you crap and will divorce you after you age.

A girl who is independent, wants a pre-nup AND stays with a guy not because of his money? My type of girl!

I have much more respect from someone who wants something in life and tries to get it than a lazy bum who just wants to be pampered with money and gifts (value taker). I hope no man ever accidentally sees SHC's posts in real life. He will break up with you before he can blink and move on to a girl like smq123.

Who says just because you marry rich you are a gold digger? My best friend Annie married rich and she is NOT. They been together for 11 years and will never be divorce. Her husband loves her too much to ever do that. She is too hot to get rid of too. We look just alike. ;)

If your boyfriend loves you he wouldn't mind buying you nice cars and expensive jewelry and anything in the world. If a guy loves you he will buy you whatever you want.

If he doesn't give a damn about you then sure he will NOT buy you crap and will divorce you after you age.

He's not worried about gold diggers.

He's worried about coming home to an un-ambitious woman who has nothing to talk about except the beaches she sat on and the stores she went to. He's worried about being with someone who is boring.

I didn't think you were serious, but now I think you might be - you really don't enjoy learning about medicine and pharmacy and you really don't enjoy pharmacy school. And now I'm just tremendously, tremendously sorry for you. :(

He's not worried about gold diggers.

He's worried about coming home to an un-ambitious woman who has nothing to talk about except the beaches she sat on and the stores she went to. He's worried about being with someone who is boring.

I didn't think you were serious, but now I think you might be - you really don't enjoy learning about medicine and pharmacy and you really don't enjoy pharmacy school. And now I'm just tremendously, tremendously sorry for you. :(

What? Wait a second here. I never said I was BAD at what I do or that I am boring. I would have a 4.0 GPA in pharmacy school if it wasn't for my P3 year...so NO, I never said I was bad at what I do or that I can't do it.

Pharmacy is okay, never said I couldn't do it or didn't know how to.

But not working always beats working. This is just common sense.

Kinda like you love pharmacy, but you will LOVE winning the 600 million dollar lottery much more. Same difference.

What? Wait a second here. I never said I was BAD at what I do or that I am boring. I would have a 4.0 GPA in pharmacy school if it wasn't for my P3 year...so NO, I never said I was bad at what I do or that I can't do it.

Pharmacy is okay, never said I couldn't do it or didn't know how to.

But not working always beats working. This is just common sense.

Kinda like you love pharmacy, but you will LOVE winning the 600 million dollar lottery much more. Same difference.

I never said that you couldn't do it, or that you were bad at it.

But you were the one who said:

I should have married rich like my best friend Annie. School sucks and working sucks even more.

I would say that I loved 95% of residency. Maybe more. Taking care of patients is awesome. I would never ever say that learning about medicine sucks and that being a physician sucks even more. Because that's just not how I feel. And I feel sorry for you if you honestly think that pharmacy school "sucks" and that working "sucks even more."

And no, not working doesn't always beat working. I don't start my new job until late August and I am dying of boredom. I hate it. I'd rather be seeing patients. Like A4MD said, the money is nice but I get cranky if I don't work and do something useful during the day.

Anyway, I think we've derailed this thread enough. :)

I'm going to derail the thread - I wish someone told me in advance how fun, awesome and exciting clinical rotations are going to be. I love every second, I live for it literally. All the years of grinding, comp exam, textbook cramming endless amounts of information were totally worth it just to get to this stage. I LOVE MY ROTATIONS!!!:luck:

man I thought I was going to come in here for some good advice and insight, but the thread has been derailed by golddigging talk :(

I would say that I loved 95% of residency. Maybe more. Taking care of patients is awesome. I would never ever say that learning about medicine sucks and that being a physician sucks even more. Because that's just not how I feel. And I feel sorry for you if you honestly think that pharmacy school "sucks" and that working "sucks even more."

And no, not working doesn't always beat working. I don't start my new job until late August and I am dying of boredom. I hate it. I'd rather be seeing patients. Like A4MD said, the money is nice but I get cranky if I don't work and do something useful during the day.

Anyway, I think we've derailed this thread enough. :)

My words were too harsh. Pharmacy doesn't suck. It's okay. It's like taking a shower, doing dishes, buying grocerys, getting dress in the morning. It's okay. It doesn't suck. It's alright.

I only mention Annie because I see people working their ass off in school, myself included, and trying to find a job and working hard etc. to try to make a good living while my best friend tells me about her new BMW, diamond bracklet, vacation, Louis Vuitton bag etc. that her husband bought her.....it's hard to not think I made a WRONG decision after hearing about her life. :laugh: She called me from Paris a few days ago telling me what her husband bought her there etc. while I am stuck doing patient counseling...You tell me how am I suppose to feel about that? :rolleyes:

man I thought I was going to come in here for some good advice and insight, but the thread has been derailed by golddigging talk :(

You want good advice?

Try to get good connections while you are in school. The job market is beyond piss poor and having good connections is the only way you have a shot at even landing a job in the future.

You are what class of 2016? you need lots of luck!

Good luck!

My words were too harsh. Pharmacy doesn't suck. It's okay. It's like taking a shower, doing dishes, buying grocerys, getting dress in the morning. It's okay. It doesn't suck. It's alright.

I only mention Annie because I see people working their ass off in school, myself included, and trying to find a job and working hard etc. to try to make a good living while my best friend tells me about her new BMW, diamond bracklet, vacation, Louis Vuitton bag etc. that her husband bought her.....it's hard to not think I made a WRONG decision after hearing about her life. :laugh: She called me from Paris a few days ago telling me what her husband bought her there etc. while I am stuck doing patient counseling...You tell me how am I suppose to feel about that? :rolleyes:

Getting married to, let alone finding a rich good looking pleasant to be around man ain't exactly an easy task either- if it was so easy, everyone would snag one. Those marriages ultimately come with a lot of sacrifice and dependence, and I'm not so sure I'd be comfortable with that and that role in a relationship either. I want in my relationships if something doesn't sit right with me - have the ability to say: you know what hon, go frak yourself.

The kind of marriages you describe I seen plenty of in a Russian community and there is always another side of the story - I seen those women get cheated on, disrespected, put up with their husband antics and tantrums because they are too afraid to give up the lavish lifestyle.

Maybe your friend got lucky, but her happy ending story get married early to a rich man and live happily after is an exception not a rule. I can't think of anyone else besides Cinderella in a similar situation. :love:

Stop spending your time on SDN and instead use it on more pertinent websites...perhaps sugardaddy.com? :smuggrin:

Bottom line and an important take away point from this thread - if you know of a potential husband [ tall handsome MD ] interested in a beautiful athletic dancer/pharmacist wife with a classical musical training and a vast variety of reading interests - send them MY way. :smuggrin::laugh:

I haven't read the entire thread so sorry if this duplicates earlier sentiments, but my advice is you probably won't even open most (all?) of the books on the required textbook list you receive each semester.

:thumbup: get the PDF version, or just buy it used to save some money

Bottom line and an important take away point from this thread - if you know of a potential husband [ tall handsome MD ] interested in a beautiful athletic dancer/pharmacist wife with a classical musical training and a vast variety of reading interests - send them MY way. :smuggrin::laugh:

MD? Forget MD...if you want to talk about "LUCKY" women that really were at the right place at the right time etc. Look at Mark Zuckerburg's wife or Kate Middleton. Now those are women that got "lucky" and never have to work again in their lifetimes. LOL...Talk about really being at the right place at the right time! :laugh::laugh::laugh:

I haven't read the entire thread so sorry if this duplicates earlier sentiments, but my advice is you probably won't even open most (all?) of the books on the required textbook list you receive each semester.

Just use Access Pharmacy or just read the powerpoints...most test questions come from the powerpoint slides.

It is not just about the money (assuming he/she didn't inherit it). It takes a lot of hard work and smarts (and luck) to be successful. It shows a lot of characters.

what a materialistic person :thumbdown:

How are you not a gold digger?:rolleyes:

He loves you and buys you things because you are hot....you never once state that you/your friend (would) love the other person mutually.

Sad. Pathetic. No wonder you cant find happiness in taking care of other people.

The medical field is by far and away the worst profession for you.

a young and pretty lady posted this on a popular forum:
title: What should i do to marry a rich guy?

i'm going to be honest of what i'm going to say here.

i'm 25 this year. I'm very pretty, have style and good taste. I wish to marry a guy with $500k annual salary or above.

you might say that i'm greedy, but an annual salary of $1m is considered only as middle class in new york.

my requirement is not high. Is there anyone in this forum who has an income of $500k annual salary? Are you all married?

i wanted to ask: What should i do to marry rich persons like you?

among those i've dated, the richest is $250k annual income, and it seems that this is my upper limit.

if someone is going to move into high cost residential area on the west of new york city garden(?), $250k annual income is not enough.

i'm here humbly to ask a few questions:
1) where do most rich bachelors hang out? (please list down the names and addresses of bars, restaurant, gym)
2) which age group should i target?
3) why most wives of the riches are only average-looking? I've met a few girls who don't have looks and are not interesting, but they are able to marry rich guys.

4) how do you decide who can be your wife, and who can only be your girlfriend? (my target now is to get married)

ms. Pretty

a philosophical reply from ceo of j.p. Morgan:

dear ms. Pretty,
i have read your post with great interest. Guess there are lots of girls out there who have similar questions like yours. Please allow me to analyse your situation as a professional investor.

my annual income is more than $500k, which meets your requirement, so i hope everyone believes that i'm not wasting time here.

from the standpoint of a business person, it is a bad decision to marry you. The answer is very simple, so let me explain.

put the details aside, what you're trying to do is an exchange of "beauty" and "money" : Person a provides beauty, and person b pays for it, fair and square.

however, there's a deadly problem here, your beauty will fade, but my money will not be gone without any good reason. The fact is, my income might increase from year to year, but you can't be prettier year after year.

hence from the viewpoint of economics, i am an appreciation asset, and you are a depreciation asset. It's not just normal depreciation, but exponential depreciation. If that is your only asset, your value will be much worse 10 years later.

by the terms we use in wall street, every trading has a position, dating with you is also a "trading position".
if the trade value dropped we will sell it and it is not a good idea to keep it for long term - same goes with the marriage that you wanted. It might be cruel to say this, but in order to make a wiser decision any assets with great depreciation value will be sold or "leased".

anyone with over $500k annual income is not a fool; we would only date you, but will not marry you. I would advice that you forget looking for any clues to marry a rich guy. And by the way, you could make yourself to become a rich person with $500k annual income.this has better chance than finding a rich fool.

hope this reply helps.

if you are interested in "leasing" services, do contact me.

signed,
j.p. Morgan ceo

keep trying shc, keep trying
work as hard as you do on this as you did in pharmacy and you should get good results.

I have been trying to figure out these anniversary gifts... the M&M theme. Odd. I guess that stuff is for the baby? But the outfit on the left (whatever it is) is too small for a one year old. The larger M&M romper doesn't look like something *I* would put on a little girl, and my one year old doesn't wear that kind of bib anymore. My son has also never *eaten* M&Ms or any candy, so the overall theme is odd to me.

Now the car I get, if you're into extravagant cars that you don't pick out yourself. I like to research and choose my own cars. I negotiate for them too. :shrug:

For our recent anniversary, my husband got me some pottery from my favorite local pottery company (I collect it) and tickets to the opening weekend of an exhibition on the British Royal family at the local history museum. On our actual anniversary, our son was sick (again, this time pinkeye), so he put him to bed early and then went out and got a carryout dinner that we watched while eating the Olympics. It was all great, as far as I was concerned.

I have been trying to figure out these anniversary gifts... the M&M theme. Odd. I guess that stuff is for the baby? But the outfit on the left (whatever it is) is too small for a one year old. The larger M&M romper doesn't look like something *I* would put on a little girl, and my one year old doesn't wear that kind of bib anymore. My son has also never *eaten* M&Ms or any candy, so the overall theme is odd to me.

What SHC failed to mention is that the husband accidentally gave these gifts to the wrong wife :smuggrin:

What SHC failed to mention is that the husband accidentally gave these gifts to the wrong wife :smuggrin:

He is a very nice guy and seems super honest! To me anyways. He better not ever cheat on my best friend!!!!!

I honestly do NOT know why he picked out those ugly M&M outfits!

I think men in general should leave the clothes picking to women! Men are terrible at it! lol

MD? Forget MD...if you want to talk about "LUCKY" women that really were at the right place at the right time etc. Look at Mark Zuckerburg's wife or Kate Middleton. Now those are women that got "lucky" and never have to work again in their lifetimes. LOL...Talk about really being at the right place at the right time! :laugh::laugh::laugh:

Just use Access Pharmacy or just read the powerpoints...most test questions come from the powerpoint slides.

Except Mark Zuckerberg's wife completed med school and is currently in residency

Something you pre-pharmers should take into consideration:

Pharmacy school chicks are horrible and nasty :(