Who knew?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

owlegrad

Uncontrollable Sarcasm Machine
Staff member
Administrator
Volunteer Staff
Lifetime Donor
15+ Year Member
Reaction score

Oh man those shots inside of CVS took me back.

Members don't see this ad.

• Wow
Reactions: 2 users
I remember hearing “one pharmacy call, two pharmacy call”. It sent shivers down my spine. I couldn’t wait to get the hell out of there

• Haha
Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I remember hearing “one pharmacy call, two pharmacy call”. It sent shivers down my spine. I couldn’t wait to get the hell out of there

I still have PTSD from that ****. I avoid CVS just so I don't hear that again.

I’m insured thru my wife and they use CVS. I was there getting a flu shot, and let me tell you: I would want to off myself if I heard “X pharmacy calls” all day long. Walgreens PTSD is enough for me, I don’t want phone call PTSD.

Knowing how it is now, I have no idea why anyone would want to work retail. Complete fools to do it!

Reactions: 1 user
Knowing how it is now, I have no idea why anyone would want to work retail. Complete fools to do it!
I mean retail compromises what, ~70% of pharmacist positions? Retail > unemployment and not everyone can land more desirable positions.

Reactions: 1 users

I worked at a big corp training store as an intern so I got to meet a lot of pharmacists. I did not meet one happy pharmacist. Most are just hanging on because they don’t have anywhere else to go.

• Sad
I got an email from Walgreens recruiter that said they were stopping metric reviews. It was an email needing pharmacists to apply for a position. Maybe things are changing.

I got an email from Walgreens recruiter that said they were stopping metric reviews. It was an email needing pharmacists to apply for a position. Maybe things are changing.

Imagine your sales pitch is not having metric reviews

“Once the first stores start voting…”

Hope this cat knows there’s already plenty of Walgreens and CVS’s that are union shops. Guess it’s gonna be a turf battle over what union reppin each corner

They are still collecting metrics. They just won’t review them with you.

I also have an ocean front property in Nebraska I’d like to sell.

• Haha
I worked at a big corp training store as an intern so I got to meet a lot of pharmacists. I did not meet one happy pharmacist. Most are just hanging on because they don’t have anywhere else to go.

First thing I tell the "passionate" pre-pharms to do is go to their local CVS and see how happy the pharmacist is to come answer your questions at the consult window.

• Sad
First thing I tell the "passionate" pre-pharms to do is go to their local CVS and see how happy the pharmacist is to come answer your questions at the consult window.
Or better yet, get a job there and see how happy everyone is.

Let’s just say there is a big difference between wanting and needing to work retail

I‘m like totally a fool for wanting to earn 200k/year retail and putting myself in a good position financially by my 40s so I can pursue different roles in pharmacy (mainly out of boredom). I won’t need to work retail eventually when money isn’t as tight, good chunk of mortgage is paid off, zero debts, etc.

People need the money. It’s simple as that. It’s great if one has options, but if you don’t…

they knew what they were walking into before they took on the debt though. Especially in today's working environment. It was great in the beginning.... but those days are never coming back. And as the chains and schools convince law makers to pass laws for greater technician responsibility, the need for a RPH becomes less and less.

they knew what they were walking into before they took on the debt though. Especially in today's working environment. It was great in the beginning.... but those days are never coming back. And as the chains and schools convince law makers to pass laws for greater technician responsibility, the need for a RPH becomes less and less.
I dunno, the amount of “passionate” prepharms and delusional students who think they’re somehow the exception is what is the issue….