Pharmacy Volunteer

jballer91

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
It's been a while since I've perused these boards...AP classes and college apps have been keeping me busy =/. But anyways, the reason I'm posting. I got in touch with my hospital volunteer coordinator where I've volunteered over the past two summers, and inquired about volunteering in the hospital pharmacy. She has arranged an interview for me with the pharmacy director. I was a little surprised by this since it's "just volunteering" and not an actual job, but nonetheless happy about the opportunity. So just a couple questions, like what should my attire be (like a regular interview)? I was asked to send a copy of my resume...this got me even more nervous because I'm only in high school and my only "experience" is volunteering in that hospital in different departments, some school activities, and church leadership activities. Should I just send the same resume I'm using for college apps...and include things like GPA and ACT score? Any other tips for a high school kid interviewing for a volunteer position in the pharmacy? Also, anybody, from experience, know what I should expect from volunteering in a hospital pharmacy? Thanks for the help.

Members don't see this ad.

OK!

First, use the same resume for your college applications. It will show what type of student you are and your skills. Second, my rule for an interview/meeting ALWAYS DRESS UP. Maybe it's just me but, you will give a better impression if you are wearing a button down shirt and tie. Wear a suit if you want, but I think the basics are good. When your in you interview, be confident, don't slouch, don't slur your words, and try to be on the punctual. Also get their early if you can to impress the interviewer. I think you should be good overall if you have already volunteered there before, but anyway good luck!

Sorry but I don't know much about volunteering at a hospital. I plan to volunteer at a local hospital near my university next March though.

I work in a hospital pharmacy.

They probably will have you fill unit dose orders, help put up returned meds, fill carts, etc.

Not too sure since we have noone that has ever volunteered....

laws also apply to what you can do and vary by state