PharmD to MD WAMC

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Sock Puppet

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi guys, I have believe my situation to be slightly unique and was not able to find anything in searches so hopefully I can get some insight on what tier of schools I should be focusing on.

PharmD GPA ~3.8
Undergraduate GPA ~3.5
just took MCAT so slightly unsure but AAMC practice tests were ranging ~33-41 so I am assuming somewhere around 33 at least.
EC- a lot of clinical experience with research publications and presentations at major medical conferences.

Essentially it is the GPA that is giving me trouble. I see from other posts that simply state that undergraduate GPA is what is looked at with a graduate GPA as a secondary marker but I have also been receiving opinions that recent performances count for more, especially in the cases of SMPs or healthcare related GPA.

I would love it if anybody that was very familiar with the process, especially in the case of pharmacists-turned-medstudents would be willing to enlighten me on this situation. I know that as candidates we are not just lumped into a numerical grouping but I believe it would help tailor my applications if I knew where I stood in that regard.

Would I be considered a 3.5, 3.8, or should I use some kind of weighted average of the two? I appreciate any insight you guys might have.

Members don't see this ad.

Hi guys, I have believe my situation to be slightly unique and was not able to find anything in searches so hopefully I can get some insight on what tier of schools I should be focusing on.

PharmD GPA ~3.8
Undergraduate GPA ~3.5
just took MCAT so slightly unsure but AAMC practice tests were ranging ~33-41 so I am assuming somewhere around 33 at least.
EC- a lot of clinical experience with research publications and presentations at major medical conferences.

Essentially it is the GPA that is giving me trouble. I see from other posts that simply state that undergraduate GPA is what is looked at with a graduate GPA as a secondary marker but I have also been receiving opinions that recent performances count for more, especially in the cases of SMPs or healthcare related GPA.

I would love it if anybody that was very familiar with the process, especially in the case of pharmacists-turned-medstudents would be willing to enlighten me on this situation. I know that as candidates we are not just lumped into a numerical grouping but I believe it would help tailor my applications if I knew where I stood in that regard.

Would I be considered a 3.5, 3.8, or should I use some kind of weighted average of the two? I appreciate any insight you guys might have.

They are going to look mostly at your undergraduate GPA because it can be compared to other applicants. I am a pharmacist-turned-medstudent if you want more info.

Reactions: 1 user