PhD in Korea, NBDE Questions! PLEASE HELP! URGENT

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ajgambino

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi fellow dentists,

I have a few questions

1) I received my PhD in Dentistry in Korea this year. Does having a PhD give me any advantages when applying for the program offered by ADEA CAAPID? As in to shorten my time? or is 2 years the shortest way for me?

2) I know that the result from NBDE I only as PASS/FAIL and not a numerical grade. Do the schools receive the numerical grade or not? If not, the only leverage is from the past grades and experiences evaluated by ECE, etc?

3) Is NBDE II also report as a PASS/FAIL?

Thank you in advance!

Members don't see this ad.

Hi,
I'll answer your questions in order.
1) You can either go for the international program (min 2 years), the AEGD program or a postgraduate program (completion leads to ability to practice in only certain state, unless followed by another program.

2) Both the NBDE are reported as pass/fail. When in the admission process, colleges consider every aspect of your application.
Community service, volunteering, research, publications, clinical experience, professional character, fluency in English, Personal statement, Letters of recommendation, nationality status, etc.

If you are planning to take the NBDE tests, I have material required for studying for them. Please email me at [email protected] if you are interested.
Good Luck.

Hi,
I'll answer your questions in order.
1) You can either go for the international program (min 2 years), the AEGD program or a postgraduate program (completion leads to ability to practice in only certain state, unless followed by another program.

2) Both the NBDE are reported as pass/fail. When in the admission process, colleges consider every aspect of your application.
Community service, volunteering, research, publications, clinical experience, professional character, fluency in English, Personal statement, Letters of recommendation, nationality status, etc.

If you are planning to take the NBDE tests, I have material required for studying for them. Please email me at [email protected] if you are interested.
Good Luck.
Thank you so much for your fast reply!

Is going to Canada a faster way to practice?

Do you have any information on NDEB Equivalency Process in Canada?

In Canada you have to pass the AFK, and then two clinical exams the same year. More info here: www.ndeb.ca
I think the PhD degree does not offer any advantage... :(

If you want study material I have the answers of the NDEB AFK released questions for good price, please contact me [email protected]