PHYSICAL SCIENCES NIGHTMARE MCAT April 2004

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ThePersianJew

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
It seem to me, that at least 80 percent people that just took the mcat say that the physical sciences were ridiculously hard, no matter what section you had.

is this a fair statement, or is just me?

Members don't see this ad.

chicagomel said:
i'm so relieved to see that you guys also ran out of time. i was pretty pleased with my progress and the level of difficulty and then all of a sudden i realized that i had two more passages and 10 minutes. i immediately went to the questions and just started reasoning them out. i might have done one quick calculation, but other than that, it was pretty much wild guessing. :(

i had form CH.

at least it's over!!! :thumbup:

Ditto - I had to blast through a Ksp calculation (probably messed it up) and do some quick, QUICK thinking.

In retrospect, I didn't spend enough time on inorganic chem. I can't necessarily rely on my class experiences because that was 9 years ago...

Oh well, keeping my fingers crossed for June.

DemonDeacon said:
i swear i read in the passage somewhere that the researchers were trying to find something of less density...

so it seemed most logical. who knows... it could have been one of the experimental questions.

yea, i remember reading underneath the table of potential values that future technology could focus on lighter cars, so thats why i put density.

for the moon passage, what did u put for releasing the helium baloon in a 6 story shaft? since the passage said that pressure was similar to earths, i put it would go all the way up.

^yeah, I said it would go all the way up, but that was me racing through that problem and using common sense.

Members don't see this ad :)
Well, honestly, I didn't think it was bad at all. In all seriousness, it was by far easier than all of my TPR practice tests. I had form CM - mostly chemistry thank goodness, considering I'm a chem major. Anyone else with CM think the same?

honestly.. i thot ps was easier than i think it will be. Did a fair bit of guessing on moon city tho... and i forgot about the last 5 questions till it's too late.

BS, on the other hand was horrible.. at that point in time, i felt like digging a hole with my pencil and start hiding....

I completely agree, hardest section I've ever experienced. I had version AS and it completely ruined my confidence for the rest of the day.

I had form AG. Extremely tough! I got a 13 on AAMC 6R and a 12 on AAMC 8 and this was so much harder.

The Tarzan passage was killer in my opinion. I think the main problem with this test was there was SO MUCH reading compared to other passages. BS though had very little reading so I guess it weighs out.