Physics Content Review

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Eren.Yeager

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am having the worst time getting through Physics TBR. I'm losing my motivation and overly frustrated with it. I go thru the KA videos which are straightforward/easy to understand as well as skim-reading TBR which cover the same grounds as KA, but then Phase I questions make no sense and smack me around. I know the process is supposed to be learning from mistakes but I don't even have an intuitive guess that makes sense to answer choices. It's just a guessing game of -- IDK C???? After eliminating choices that I know don't make sense.

Any tips to get thru this? Gen Chem went terrific but physics is a horrible time. The funny thing is I did better in physics during undergrad than gen chem.

Members don't see this ad.

I am having the worst time getting through Physics TBR. I'm losing my motivation and overly frustrated with it. I go thru the KA videos which are straightforward/easy to understand as well as skim-reading TBR which cover the same grounds as KA, but then Phase I questions make no sense and smack me around. I know the process is supposed to be learning from mistakes but I don't even have an intuitive guess that makes sense to answer choices. It's just a guessing game of -- IDK C???? After eliminating choices that I know don't make sense.

Any tips to get thru this? Gen Chem went terrific but physics is a horrible time. The funny thing is I did better in physics during undergrad than gen chem.
For what it's worth, the first couple of chapters in physics are tougher than the later chapters. The best advice I can offer to anyone on the physics homework is to keep an ongoing list of things like equations, shortcuts, observations, and so on. Before starting Phase 2, look at your list from Phase 1. When you see something from your list that applies to a question in Phase 2, take a moment to repeat that concept to yourself. It's time consuming, but you will develop a good reasoning pathway doing this, which will pay dividends on your exam. It's about how you think your way through questions that matters, so try to pick up a few things here and there until you start to feel comfortable.

Reactions: 3 users