Started UWorld today in my 2nd week of content review, but when I select certain topics to do questions for, I see topics that I haven’t studied yet

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

TheCerebralAssassin

Reaction score
So basically, I am going about the 100 day SDN MCAT Study Schedule and today is the first day to do Uworld. I’m doing a 59 question block and I just feel so stupid because when I the topics for what I’ve been studying to do questions on, (Amino Acids &Proteins, Cell Biology, Atomic Theory and Chemical Composition, Intro to Orgo, and Mechanics and Energy), I’m met with questions talking about thermodynamic and kinetic stability, blood flow to skin increase during exercise, etc that I have never even touched upon yet since I’m in my second week of content review. I’m just wondering, is this normal for those who start using this resource, and if so, what do you do to go about it if you haven’t learned these yet and they’re appearing in your questions?

Members don't see this ad.

You can un-check boxes on Uworld for subjects you haven’t gotten to yet. That’s what I did. Added em to the rotation once I got to the topic

You can un-check boxes on Uworld for subjects you haven’t gotten to yet. That’s what I did. Added em to the rotation once I got to the topic
See, that’s what I did and yeah I’m still getting topics that I haven’t even reviewed yet.

If I remember correctly, often you will find that questions on the mcat come in groups of 4-7 per passage. Each passage usually combines multiple topics making it hard to filter out by specific subject. I would flag questions you haven't studied yet and come back to them later.

Or

do questions on tutor mode and study topics as they come.

good luck brodi

edit: sorry, I saw that you've already taken the mcat so you probably already knew that