Physics LOR???

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

gdent

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys need some advice.. I asked for a LOR from my ochem prof. about a year ago and he still has not written one. Iv taken all three of the ochem courses with him and everytime I go to his office, he says "oh yeah, i havent started on it yet, but ill get to it"... this is getting really annoying. I already have a letter from a bio professor, and im planning on getting one from a orthodontist that I volunteer for and my research PI.

My question is.. will it be ok if i get a letter from my physics teacher? will dental schools accept this as a "science letter"? I really need help because time is running out..I appreciate all your help.

Members don't see this ad.

I used a physics. And I'm pretty sure it sucked. But whatever. Science is science. Just make sure you're not tapping one of those schools that wants specified science letters.

Hey guys need some advice.. I asked for a LOR from my ochem prof. about a year ago and he still has not written one. Iv taken all three of the ochem courses with him and everytime I go to his office, he says "oh yeah, i havent started on it yet, but ill get to it"... this is getting really annoying. I already have a letter from a bio professor, and im planning on getting one from a orthodontist that I volunteer for and my research PI.

Having a hard time taking a hint?

Members don't see this ad :)
He seemed very open to the idea of writing me one... the last few times I went by his office he mentioned that he has 3 other letters he still has to get to.. I think hes just really lazy.

A physics prof is okay just as long as they right a good LOR.

Yep, physics prof is perfect, if you need any more proof that it counts as a science letter, just remember it's the P in BCP. :p

My best letter was from a physics professor, ironically that class was my lowest grade of any class I've ever taken.