Pitt Waitlist

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

cappymo

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know typically how much movement occurs on the Pitt waitlist? Is there much hope to get pulled off, and any estimates for when they really start using the wait list (i.e. keep checking your mailbox, or consider yourself on hold till after may??)

Members don't see this ad.

I think that last year, it didn't start moving until after May 15.

The reason it probably doesn't move until after May 15 is because Pitt won't take deposits until then, so they don't know how many people are accepting their offer until they get all the deposits. Good luck guys!!!

Members don't see this ad :)
Does anyone know around what percentage get offers from the waitlist?

c'mon people, anyone?

I doubt anyone really knows; Pitt keeps their waitlist info pretty tightly under wraps so nobody knows how many people are actually on the waitlist. And since nobody is told where on the waitlist they are, you can't even tell how far down their waitlist they tend to go.

Kazema, do you goto school in Rochester or are you from there---that is my hometown! Did you happen to look at U of R for medschool?

I'm working at Strong right now actually.

And I did apply to U of R, and they had the honor of being the first medical school that I really wanted to attend to reject me :smuggrin:.