Planned coursework rigor?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

distressstudent

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
So I want a few quick opinions about my coursework for the next fall. Because I anticipate going to multiple interviews for next fall, I plan on having an easy course load because I won't be able to attend all my class lectures. And by easy I mean literally no science classes and just random GE like dancing. Or should I take a few biology classes anyways (even though I don't need it) just so it won't raise a red flag to adcoms? I can take recommended courses like microbiology too, but I probably can't get an A if I am away at interviews all the time; but my GPA shouldn't really matter if I can get in before fall quarter is over ( it is only not a concern IF I can get in this cycle...)

For undergrad, people told me that planned coursework matters but I am not sure if it is the same for dental schools. Thanks!
 
I think a light course load is okay; however, I would recommend taking at least one science class or maybe even a public health course. Then come spring, maybe take a few recommended courses after the interview process is over.
 
Can you not find a bio course to take that is on the "easier" side? It doesn't even have to be a recommended one. It would just look better than having *no* science courses. 🙂
 
The fall semester my senior year was the most difficult of my undergrad. I still found time to go to three interviews. You really just miss one day of class since half your classes are prob on tues/thurs and the others on mon/wed/fri. Leave thursday, interview friday, come back sat or sun. Not saying you shouldn't take it easy, but if you do take difficult courses it's not really a big deal. I also was able to schedule my interviews around my tests or sweet talk a teacher into letting me make a test up (poli sci).