Planned coursework rigor?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

distressstudent

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
So I want a few quick opinions about my coursework for the next fall. Because I anticipate going to multiple interviews for next fall, I plan on having an easy course load because I won't be able to attend all my class lectures. And by easy I mean literally no science classes and just random GE like dancing. Or should I take a few biology classes anyways (even though I don't need it) just so it won't raise a red flag to adcoms? I can take recommended courses like microbiology too, but I probably can't get an A if I am away at interviews all the time; but my GPA shouldn't really matter if I can get in before fall quarter is over ( it is only not a concern IF I can get in this cycle...)

For undergrad, people told me that planned coursework matters but I am not sure if it is the same for dental schools. Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

I think a light course load is okay; however, I would recommend taking at least one science class or maybe even a public health course. Then come spring, maybe take a few recommended courses after the interview process is over.

Can you not find a bio course to take that is on the "easier" side? It doesn't even have to be a recommended one. It would just look better than having *no* science courses. :)

The fall semester my senior year was the most difficult of my undergrad. I still found time to go to three interviews. You really just miss one day of class since half your classes are prob on tues/thurs and the others on mon/wed/fri. Leave thursday, interview friday, come back sat or sun. Not saying you shouldn't take it easy, but if you do take difficult courses it's not really a big deal. I also was able to schedule my interviews around my tests or sweet talk a teacher into letting me make a test up (poli sci).