Plants and Taxonomy

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

underdog99

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
I was just wondering what I should be taking form the Taxonomy and Plants chapter. Should I just be focusing on very broad concepts or are there any minute details that are necessary to take into consideration

Members don't see this ad.

Focus on broad concepts, but minute details can still show up on the DAT. Plants and taxonomy tend to be lower yield study areas (especially when you consider the amount of material there is in these two sections) but it's still important to spend time on them. For taxonomy, the excel sheet I made is a pretty good summary if you're trying to memorize just the essentials.

Reactions: 1 users
I would say that how you study those topics depends on your goals, given your time constraint. If you have a lot of time left to study or are aiming for the highest possible score in bio, then learn both concepts as much as you can. If you have a short amount of time left or if you just want to tackle high wield concepts for a low 20, then I would review those concepts broadly and visit/review them again a few days before the test.