Please help me design a qualitative semi-structured interview guide!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

psychstudent90

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I'm a MSc Health Psychology student and have just begun work on my dissertation. It will be 10 000 words, and is on the lived experiences of pain in childhood cancer survivors. I'm currently working on an interview guide, but I have very little qualitative research experience, and my supervisor is not at all helpful.

She has told me that she thinks students should be very independent, and doesn't even reply to emails. I've had two meetings with her since the course begun in September, and when I ask her questions she just sits there and says "I don't want to be unhelpful butttt...", so I'm really struggling. She has also changed my topic. I originally wanted to conduct my study on QoL in neurological patients, and felt as though I have had a clearer idea as to what to do then, but now I'm totally lost.

Her only suggestion for the guide was to have six questions, and to also have some prompts. My dissertation is due in the first week of September this year. Between now and then, I need to conduct approximately 12 interviews, and they each need to be approximately one hour in length. I'm not sure how I'm going to stretch six questions over one hour, but I'm open to all suggestions!

If anyone could please help me formulate some questions and/or prompts, I would be eternally grateful!

Thank you so much!

Members don't see this ad.

Sorry friend, SDN can't help out with assignments (e.g., homework, theses, dissertations). Time to conduct a very comprehensive lit review in the area and see what can be gleaned.

Also, the dissertation is supposed to be a largely independent process.

Reactions: 1 users
Status
Not open for further replies.