Please help me pick schools...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
D

deleted968861

?

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited by a moderator:
Need more shadowing to demonstrate why you have decided to switch from DNP to MD. 50 hours is normally the benchmark, but for you I’d recommend 75-100+ if possible.

Reactions: 1 user
Do you have the MSAR? Use it to develop your own list based on your stats and particular interests and even location. Be careful of OOS public schools. Many are not friendly towards non-residents. When you have your list, post it here and people will be happy to review it and make suggestions. Use a MCAT score of 506 since some schools average multiple scores (AMCAS actually recommends averaging).
I’m certainly not questioning your thousands and thousand and thousands of hours for all of your activities. But be sure you have documentation and contact info for each activity so IF there is a question you can easily provide verification info. And I agree with @renman97 you need to shadow multiple doctors for lots of hours , including a primary care doc. You will most likely be asked if you are running to medicine or away from DNP and why.

Members don't see this ad :)
Is it true that they average my two MCAT scores for a 506 total? They don't just count my 509?
Nobody really knows what specific schools do. AMCAS does rec. that schools average multiple MCAT scores. Some do and some don’t. Despite having reports from several people on SDN that schools only look at the highest, most recent or even super score results, nobody really knows what is done. And there is no accounting for individual reviewers personal bias about multiple scores. And all scores are visible to reviewers.

Honors:
multiple institutional and national nursing research grants
Phi Beta Kappa
several publications with a few first authors in smaller nursing journals, etc
several posters with a few first authors at national/institutional level

I have OK recommendation letters. some are good, some are ok.
Also what are your advice on my EC's.... Do I need more leadership, volunteering, etc?
Suggest:
Drexel (maybe)
Temple (maybe)
Jefferson (maybe)
Wake
Tulane
GWU
Albany
Nova MD
VCU
Wayne State (maybe)
Netter (maybe)
EVMS
U Toledo
Seton Hall
Rosy Franklin
Loma Linda (only if you are SDA or a very devout Christian)
Loyola
WVU
U VM
Rush
MCW
SLU
Creighton
Oakland-B
Uniformed Services University/Hebert (just be aware of the military service commitment)
Gtown
TCU/UNT
Your state school(s).
Any DO school. I can't recommend Touro-NY, Nova, Wm Carey, LUCOM, for different reasons. MSUCOM? Read up on Larry Nasser and you decide. LMU has an accreditation warning, which concerns me. CalHS is too new and appears to be too limited in rotations sites.

Last edited: