Please help rank these 6 programs (Iowa, Kentucky, Utah, Wisconsin, Nebraska, and Kansas)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

VacheronConstantin

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello all,

I got a fair amount of II this cycle. I do NOT have any geographical restrictions, other than somewhere in the Midwest. Can you all help me ranking the following program, or give me some opinions??

1) University of Iowa
2) University of Kentucky
3) U of Utah
4) U of Wisconsin
5) U of Nebraska
6) U of Kansas

Thank you!!

Members don't see this ad.

Utah, Iowa, Wisconsin, Kansas, Kentucky then Nebraska

Reactions: 1 user
Utah, Iowa, Wisconsin, Kansas, Kentucky then Nebraska

Why did you rank UWisconsin 3rd? It is a small program with 5 residents only, and not many subspecialty representation.

Why do you put Kansas in front of Kentucky?

Why Nebraska last?

Explanation would be great!

Members don't see this ad :)
Have heard very good things about Utah and Iowa overall.
Nebraska is strong in particular things - I know they have great ID and they have at least one really good movement faculty.
Haven't heard much to write home about KU and UK, unless strength of college basketball team is a major consideration for you. Have been told MCW is good but not much knowledge of UW.

Personally I'd probably rank Utah #1 as IMO it's the best lifestyle + program combo on your list. Then again, it's not anywhere close to the Midwest.

Based on reputation: Utah >> Iowa > Kansas = Kentucky > Nebraska (probably) > Wisconsin.

Based on location: Utah >> Kansas > Kentucky > Wisconsin > Iowa = Nebraska.

Source: grew up in Midwest, prefer bigger cities.

Have heard very good things about Utah and Iowa overall.
Nebraska is strong in particular things - I know they have great ID and they have at least one really good movement faculty.
Haven't heard much to write home about KU and UK, unless strength of college basketball team is a major consideration for you. Have been told MCW is good but not much knowledge of UW.

Personally I'd probably rank Utah #1 as IMO it's the best lifestyle + program combo on your list. Then again, it's not anywhere close to the Midwest.
Have you heard anything about lifestyle of Iowa/MCW?

Have you heard anything about lifestyle of Iowa/MCW?
You're a midwesterner, you know the locations as well or better than I do. Iowa is supposed to be a very friendly, supportive place. Haven't heard much either way on MCWs culture.

You're a midwesterner, you know the locations as well or better than I do. Iowa is supposed to be a very friendly, supportive place. Haven't heard much either way on MCWs culture.
Oh I was meaning more towards like hours and such. Got some vague answers during the interview but was just wondering if it was one of those situations where "posted hours" are different than actual hours haha appreciate it!

Based on reputation: Utah >> Iowa > Kansas = Kentucky > Nebraska (probably) > Wisconsin.

Based on location: Utah >> Kansas > Kentucky > Wisconsin > Iowa = Nebraska.

Source: grew up in Midwest, prefer bigger cities.
I strongly disagree with Nebraska > Wisconsin

• Haha
Yeah nobody knows real hours anywhere except those who have very recently gone through that program. If the residents didn't seem able to tell you the truth it's probably because they weren't.