please help!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Envision

Envisioning...
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi All,

so on my personal statement, at one point i write " i want to become a doctor of dental surgery." Then i realized, some of the schools I'm applying to offer a DMD and not a DDS. my question is, would this offend them? is this taboo and grounds for instant rejection? please advise.

Members don't see this ad.

Envision said:
Hi All,

so on my personal statement, at one point i write " i want to become a doctor of dental surgery." Then i realized, some of the schools I'm applying to offer a DMD and not a DDS. my question is, would this offend them? is this taboo and grounds for instant rejection? please advise.

Just write dentist. :idea:

RockstarDMD said:
Just write dentist. :idea:

haha, yes i realize i could have done that. however, lets assume i have my reasons for keeping it that way. would that be offensive?

Members don't see this ad :)
Envision said:
haha, yes i realize i could have done that. however, lets assume i have my reasons for keeping it that way. would that be offensive?

nobody would be offended, but seriously, just write dentist. also, i think they know that's what you want to be considering you took the DAT and are applying to dental school. but i'd stick with dentist. haha just my two cents. good luck

mkogz5 said:
nobody would be offended, but seriously, just write dentist. also, i think they know that's what you want to be considering you took the DAT and are applying to dental school. but i'd stick with dentist. haha just my two cents. good luck

I agree stick with dentist.

RockstarDMD said:
I agree stick with dentist.

Save the word count and write dentist. Use those extra words for being more descriptive somewhere else. If you write dentist, they'll know what you're talking about. Best of luck! :)

thanx guys, gl on your apps. :thumbup: