Please list schools that accept out of state applicants

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

TheresaKay

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Are public pharmacy schools the only ones?

Members don't see this ad.

TheresaKay said:

Actually public schools usually give preference to in state applicants. A private school is more likely to accept out of state students.

Does anybody ever read the FAQ before they post question like this?

Members don't see this ad :)
goheel said:
Does anybody ever read the FAQ before they post question like this?
i think the question in general is does anybody ever read the FAQ.. to that the answer is no

then the next question is does anyone do a search... and that answer is no as well....

no reference to the OP just answering the question that popped up!

bbmuffin said:
i think the question in general is does anybody ever read the FAQ.. to that the answer is no

then the next question is does anyone do a search... and that answer is no as well....

I mean, at least do some research before asking question.

TheresaKay said:

Mercer in Atlanta, GA accepts out of state applicants. I would think most do.

bbmuffin said:

umm...as a lurker who has hardly posted I am slightly offended.
The first day I joined this site I read the FAQ hence I have not posted any questions but I do check this site almost daily to learn new info.
One does not learn if he or she does not ask and I feel a gentle guidance to the FAQ may be more helpful than this kind of response.
It makes me wary of asking any questions in the future.
Don't want to upset anyone but geez...

GibbysGal said:
The first day I joined this site I read the FAQ hence I have not posted any questions but I do check this site almost daily to learn new info.
One does not learn if he or she does not ask and I feel a gentle guidance to the FAQ may be more helpful than this kind of response.

We only act like that because we've seen the same few questions been asked over and over. As for the OP's question, if you go to the aacp site, you would find out the info. Seriously, the question was kinda rediculous, schools that accept out-of-state applicants? too many to list.

GibbysGal said:

as a constant poster i am offended by your post.
you claim to be a lurker but obviously have never read any of my MANY MANY try a search posts.
it wasn't even me who asked the initial FAQ question. i just answered that
if you want people more gently guided then start after the person doing the guiding not me. i wasn't making a recomendation to the OP

give me a break... i even stated it had nothing to do with the OP but just answering the question asked.

Perhaps it would just be better if those of us who have answered the same questions multiple times didn't come back to the board...

and then everyone can ask all the same questions all over again... and then leave after a year... so then the new new people can ask the same questions over and over again....

and then no one would ever say... read FAQ or do a search!

i mean i myself have been told to do a search before... and guess what? i did it and then bumped that thread. there is nothing wrong with that

this is what i get when i remove my disclaimer.......

oh and another point.... i thought ALL pharmacy schools accepted out of state students it just vaired school to school on the number...... and private accept more....
but i could be wrong

All pharmacy schools accept applications from any state. Some schools prefer in-state students, but that doesn't mean that they won't accept your application.

bbmuffin said:
as a constant poster i am offended by your post.
you claim to be a lurker but obviously have never read any of my MANY MANY try a search posts.
it wasn't even me who asked the initial FAQ question. i just answered that
if you want people more gently guided then start after the person doing the guiding not me. i wasn't making a recomendation to the OP

give me a break... i even stated it had nothing to do with the OP but just answering the question asked.

Perhaps it would just be better if those of us who have answered the same questions multiple times didn't come back to the board...

and then everyone can ask all the same questions all over again... and then leave after a year... so then the new new people can ask the same questions over and over again....

and then no one would ever say... read FAQ or do a search!

i mean i myself have been told to do a search before... and guess what? i did it and then bumped that thread. there is nothing wrong with that

this is what i get when i remove my disclaimer.......

oh and another point.... i thought ALL pharmacy schools accepted out of state students it just vaired school to school on the number...... and private accept more....
but i could be wrong
First of all, we all agree...the question was beyond ridiculous.

Second of all...No...I have read many of your posts and appreciate the help you offer others in almost all your posts.
However, to say "does anyone read the faq? No" and "does anyone do a search? No" well your "anyone" is an all inclusive statement. I have read the faq and I have done searches and I'm sure many others have and which is probably hard to tell because these people don't ask these kinds of questions.

You offer good advice and like I said we appreciate your contributions because boards like this benefit from those who have "been there" and "done that" much more than from people like me who haven't...I wasn't trying to make you angry...I was trying to let you know that the faq wasn't in vain and that there are people who appreciate what is done here without being made to feel like idiots.

Anyways, please accept my apologies because if there comes a time that I have a question to post I would definitely want you to be one of the people to answer it.

Your right i should have read previous threads........ I know all school accept out of state applicants........ i guess what I meant was which ones don't give preference to in-state. So many say they will accept out of state, but in reality they take maybe l5 students out of a class of l30. Hope no one was offended by my first post........new here, i'll try to step up to the plate next post