Podiatry Post Bacc

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Telekinesis

Gig 'Em
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm gonna take Ochem and Physics over the summer along with probably anatomy in the fall most likely. I plan to take the MCAT in late Aug or early Sept. My prereq grades are as follows

Chem 1-C
Chem 2-C
Biol 1-B
Bio 2 Lec-B
Bio 2 Lab- C

Gen chem gave me trouble so I took it over and a C is what I made after. Is my plan so far a good one. I plan on applying to all schools except prob NY, AZ, and Western.

Also should the fact that I was a professional wrestler (i.e. WWF, WCW) be listed as an EC or a job. WWE almost signed me.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
It depends...
If Ochem and Physics end up as A's and B's you're probably good at most of the big schools, at least, as long as the MCAT is about a 23 or higher. If you get B's and C's in those two classes, you could end up with a sub 2.7 sGPA and get auto-rejected. Good news, ochem is much different than genchem. Bad news, if you have trouble in lab classes you'll have trouble in ochem lab.

As far as the wrestling goes, if you got paid (I mean taxable income, not something like reimbursed for travel only or cash at the gate under the table), it's a job. If you didn't get paid, I feel like that might be one to leave off for a few reasons, not the least of which is that your audience is a crowd that isn't as likely to appreciate professional wrestling as much as some others would.

It depends...
If Ochem and Physics end up as A's and B's you're probably good at most of the big schools, at least, as long as the MCAT is about a 23 or higher. If you get B's and C's in those two classes, you could end up with a sub 2.7 sGPA and get auto-rejected. Good news, ochem is much different than genchem. Bad news, if you have trouble in lab classes you'll have trouble in ochem lab.

As far as the wrestling goes, if you got paid (I mean taxable income, not something like reimbursed for travel only or cash at the gate under the table), it's a job. If you didn't get paid, I feel like that might be one to leave off for a few reasons, not the least of which is that your audience is a crowd that isn't as likely to appreciate professional wrestling as much as some others would.
it was a job. I got paid. And yea my goal is As in Ochem and Bs in phys (that pesky math I tell ya) I do good in labs generally

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm gonna take Ochem and Physics over the summer along with probably anatomy in the fall most likely. I plan to take the MCAT in late Aug or early Sept. My prereq grades are as follows

Chem 1-C
Chem 2-C
Biol 1-B
Bio 2 Lec-B
Bio 2 Lab- C

Gen chem gave me trouble so I took it over and a C is what I made after. Is my plan so far a good one. I plan on applying to all schools except prob NY, AZ, and Western.

Also should the fact that I was a professional wrestler (i.e. WWF, WCW) be listed as an EC or a job. WWE almost signed me.

Organic Chem is a tough course. You will need a very sound understanding of gen chem in order to succeed in it. I suggest retaking the gen chem classes and get A's or B's before attempting organic chem, much less organic II.

What was your wrestling name??

Organic Chem is a tough course. You will need a very sound understanding of gen chem in order to succeed in it. I suggest retaking the gen chem classes and get A's or B's before attempting organic chem, much less organic II.

What was your wrestling name??
I thought ochem was different than gen chem? And I'm not giving my name out, I'm remaining anonymous

They are different types of classes, yes. Different in a way similar to how calculus and trig differ. So a C in general chem I leads me to think that you would not pass organic II (from my experience).

They are different types of classes, yes. Different in a way similar to how calculus and trig differ. So a C in general chem I leads me to think that you would not pass organic II (from my experience).
Well I guess I have incentive to study harder

Well I guess I have incentive to study harder

In order to increase your chances at a higher grade in organic chemistry and simplify your study life significantly, you may want to hire a chemistry graduate student (Ph.D. - not M.S.) from your school for an hour once or twice a week to help get the concepts down (it was $20/hr. at the school I was at in Texas).

I had a less than clear professor for organic chemistry I and that infinitely simplified the concepts for me and helped me recover after initially struggling with the course (o chem II seemed more clear and focused on specific unique mechanisms/reactions). Just an option out there to help optimize your grades.

though it should not be the only study aid, I recommend Chad's Videos on courseaver.com, he is really good at teaching general chemistry and organic chemistry very well and is aware of what the students need to know on the MCAT for those sections. I think his facebook page has some discounts that you could save money on.

nice avatar btw, R.I.P. bushido brown

@Telekinesis if Tiner is still teaching Ochem take her. I made a C in gen chem 2 at A&M and made A's in Ochem 1 & 2 with Tiner.

I'd be willing to be as much help as possible with prof references and study aids for Ag profs as I can. If there is a way to private message me your email go for it. If not I can just post mine on here. Let me know.