Podiatry School Applicant Questions

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Agent9

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Stats:
cGPA: 3.0
sGPA: 3.0
MCAT: 25

-I am currently applying to podiatry school.

Q1) What are my chances for acceptance this late in the cycle, and MORE SPECIFICALLY are there any schools I should rule out based on a later application/my stats?

Q2) I have heard/read mixed reviews on the importance of location/rep on getting into a surgical residency. While I understand that hard work and strong academic performance will ultimately be the deciding factor, are there specific schools I should apply to in order to give myself an advantage?

I may have more questions later but this is all that is coming to mind at the moment.

Thank you in advance!

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Q1) What are my chances for acceptance this late in the cycle, and MORE SPECIFICALLY are there any schools I should rule out based on a later application/my stats?

Based strictly on numbers, the schools with smaller classes generally fill first and those with bigger classes will not fill them until later on in the cycle. Back in the day, AZ was the smallest, but I can't tell you much about the current class sizes.

Your chance at acceptance somewhere is really good. I was offered a spot at Scholl immediately following my interview, and I interviewed later than this. Your stats will allow you to be competitive anywhere.

Q2) I have heard/read mixed reviews on the importance of location/rep on getting into a surgical residency. While I understand that hard work and strong academic performance will ultimately be the deciding factor, are there specific schools I should apply to in order to give myself an advantage?

If I were you, I would simply try to avoid one of the "lower tier" schools out there. I've said before that I've seen great and terrible students from all of the schools, but there are a few that seem to produce more than their fair share of duds. Commit your time in school to studying and academic success, and you'll do well wherever you end up.

Reactions: 1 user
Thank you for your info! In regards to your "lower tier" comment, would you mind further explaining which schools you were referring to? Also, due to my familiarity with the area, Scholl is probably my first choice for schools to attend and I would love to hear some of your overall thoughts and experiences with the school. Of course, feel free to PM me if you do not feel comfortable answering any of these question on the forum, thanks!

Members don't see this ad :)
I am applying to 4 schools:

-DMU
-Scholl
-Temple
-CSPM

Should I apply to more or would you expect I would receive an acceptance at at least one of these schools? My low GPAs concern me..

Your GPA is fine. I would only apply more if you are seriously considering other schools, but I think the schools you listed will be just fine.

Reactions: 1 user