Podiatry School Loans

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

daarango

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
As I am going into my first year in the fall I'm curious to know how the loans work out. I know for my undergrad loans you never saw the money from the loan, however how do they work for Pod school. Do you get a check with the loan amount or what?

Members don't see this ad.

It probably works the same as any other school. They will pay for our tuition and then send the refund via check by mail.

I will be attending Scholl this upcoming year and recently filed and was awarded all of my financial aid. The break down for our school is based on a quarterly basis, where they either direct deposit or cut you a check about 4 times a year. You file for it the same way you did your undergrad. Hope this helps.

when you apply for federal financial aid you have the option for applying for varying amounts of money. people who aren't commuting from home generally take out the max stafford, and then some take out an additional grad plus loan.

the school will receive that money, and then they will deduct whatever mandatory expenses first (tuition, university housing, insurance, random fees, etc) and then after that, whatever remaining amount you have will be given to you as a check. you are free to do whatever you want with that money.