This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Penguin535

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone, I was just looking to get some insights and thoughts that others may have about going to a new branch of an MD medical school (PHSU's St. Louis Branch) versus going to a relatively established DO school (Touro-CA). At PHSU's St. Louis branch I would be a part of their 2nd class (Class of 2027), so I am worried about lack of opportunities here such as research and lack of student orgs through where I could build connections that could potentially help with residency placement. At Touro-CA, since I went to UC Berkeley for undergrad (relatively close to Touro-CA), I am already in a research lab at UCSF which I could continue during my time in medical school if I go to Touro-CA. Even though I would already have research before even starting school at Touro-CA if I was to go there, my gut still says to choose PHSU since it is an MD school and that might benefit me in the long-run especially if I want to go into a more competitive specialty. I was wondering what others think about having to choose between these two schools and if you could please provide some of your reasons, I would appreciate that very much!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users