Post b

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

balsing042

Reaction score
I am interested in doing Post bacc in michigan, is there a good program for it?

Members don't see this ad.

you should change your title of the post so you get more views and answers
"suggestions for a post bacc in michigan"

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I want to apply to dental school but my undergraduate gpa is 3.29 so I am considering the option of post bacc to boost up my gpa.

I want to apply to dental school but my undergraduate gpa is 3.29 so I am considering the option of post bacc to boost up my gpa.
What "recommended" courses do you need to take? You are in the gray zone for an SMP for me, and there aren't many predental-specific SMPs out there.

What "recommended" courses do you need to take? You are in the gray zone for an SMP for me, and there aren't many predental-specific SMPs out there.
can you explain what you mean by in the gray zone for an smp? im also looking into doing a post bacc, my gpa is 3.5 and sgpa is 3.1, expected to increase before i graduate

can you explain what you mean by in the gray zone for an smp? im also looking into doing a post bacc, my gpa is 3.5 and sgpa is 3.1, expected to increase before i graduate
As I had asked, what courses do you have left to take? That will help me make a clearer call.

1) Why are you interested in doing a Post bacc over a Masters?
2) Also is it connected to the University of Michigan's dental school?
3) What % of the people who do this Post Bacc get accepted into dental school the following year?
4) Have you looked at other post bacc or master's programs?
5) Have you taken the DAT yet?

My criteria for a Post-bacc/master's program are:
1) % chance of it getting into dental school (some are guaranteed acceptances depending on how you preform in the program)
2) Cost of both the PB/Master's AND cost of the dental school associated w/the program (have to look at both combined)
3) Location - make sure it is in a location you would want to live for 4/5 years & hopefully the program would be connected to your #1 choice for dental school as well.

I would maybe consider contacted Michigan's dental school advisors and see if they recommend a program for you at the UofM. Than connect the director of the program and see the success rate of getting into dental school based on that program

Reactions: 2 users
Please find the link below for helpful information posted on the ADEA website. Additionally, it is recommended to reach out to Michigan's dental school advisors as suggested by OncePredent.

Reactions: 1 user