Post Bac or Just Apply?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

cmattox

Reaction score
Ok, so I am in the middle of a dilemma. I am 37 will be 38 soon. I have a BS in Business/IT, I have also taken most of my premed classes ( AP 1/2, Inorganic, organic) Although these classes were at a community college for cost. I finished these classes about 4 yrs ago then life got in the way and Med School went by the wayside. I am back now and still need Physics and also to take my MCATs. I am trying to determine if paying for a POST-Bacc program would be my best option or just take physics and an MCAT prep course and then apply.

Please any help anyone can give me would help.

Is it worth the money?
Is it worth the time?
Will it help my application?

I have a 3.46 GPA 3.29 Science GPA

Members don't see this ad.

Ok, so I am in the middle of a dilemma. I am 37 will be 38 soon. I have a BS in Business/IT, I have also taken most of my premed classes ( AP 1/2, Inorganic, organic) Although these classes were at a community college for cost. I finished these classes about 4 yrs ago then life got in the way and Med School went by the wayside. I am back now and still need Physics and also to take my MCATs. I am trying to determine if paying for a POST-Bacc program would be my best option or just take physics and an MCAT prep course and then apply.

Please any help anyone can give me would help.

Is it worth the money?
Is it worth the time?
Will it help my application?

I have a 3.46 GPA 3.29 Science GPA
Your stats are lethal for MD, but OK for DO. So yes, do well on the MCAT, find a DO to shadow, get LOR from same, and go for it.

You do have nonclinical volunteering and clinical exposure, right? Shadowing is not the latter, BTW.

Your stats are lethal for MD, but OK for DO. So yes, do well on the MCAT, find a DO to shadow, get LOR from same, and go for it.

You do have nonclinical volunteering and clinical exposure, right? Shadowing is not the latter, BTW.

I am also a Veteran and I have done a ton of volunteering with A veteran Organization Mission Continues and while I worked at the VA. In addition, I have volunteered for multiple hospitals. My big problem is I don't have much patient interaction.

Members don't see this ad :)
I am also a Veteran and I have done a ton of volunteering with A veteran Organization Mission Continues and while I worked at the VA. In addition, I have volunteered for multiple hospitals. My big problem is I don't have much patient interaction.
We love veterans! Many thanks for your service to our country.

How many hours of hospital volunteering, and what did you do?

Add your state MD schools to the list, and also East TN/Quillan. For them, all vets are in-state residents.

Any upward GPA trends?

What branch of the service?

We love veterans! Many thanks for your service to our country.

How many hours of hospital volunteering, and what did you do?

Add your state MD schools to the list, and also East TN/Quillan. For them, all vets are in-state residents.

Any upward GPA trends?

What branch of the service?

How many hours of hospital volunteering, and what did you do? I worked in the ER of Phoenix Childrens Hospital and also ER of Level 1 Trauma Center. I did everything possible that was nonmedical.. patient comfort, restocking, cleaning rooms, bringing patients back to room.

Add your state MD schools to the list, and also East TN/Quillan. For them, all vets are in-state residents. I currently live in SC so looking at those school but have been focusing mostly on DO schools.

Any upward GPA trends? No upward trends have had As and Bs for all my sciences.

What branch of the service? US Air Force

How many hours of hospital volunteering, and what did you do? I worked in the ER of Phoenix Childrens Hospital and also ER of Level 1 Trauma Center. I did everything possible that was nonmedical.. patient comfort, restocking, cleaning rooms, bringing patients back to room.
This is patient contact experience. We don't expect you to actually do procedures. Just interact with patients.

I currently live in SC so looking at those school but have been focusing mostly on DO schools.
Yup, definitely do the three SC MD schools, Quillan, and any DO school