About the ads

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Check out PREMED.me!
    Offers FREE service to help premeds manage their applications and MCAT study calendars and identify schools to target.

Post-bacc and special masters programs admissions.

Discussion in 'What Are My Chances?' started by futuredoc1215, Dec 24, 2011.

1. This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors and sponsors. Thank you.
  1. futuredoc1215

futuredoc1215

Pre-Medical
    SDN 2+ Year Member

SDN Members don't see this ad. (About Ads)
    Hey all,

I have a question regarding SMPs and post-bacc programs. I currently have a 2.1 undergrad GPA and I am currently ARCing (adjusted resident credit. I take a year off from school, come back after a year, take 12 semester credits, and once I pass those my GPA will be a 3.3). I am currently taking classes at my local community college and I passed my general chem II with C. I was wondering what should I do in order to get my GPA up in order to get accepted into a SMP/post-bacc program.

Thanks in advance,

FutureDoc. :D
  2. 374018

374018 Filet Mignon

Pre-Medical
    SDN 2+ Year Member

From what some have said around here, it is not recommended to take courses at a CC. If there is a cheap local college or state university then do that. The only thing you can do is just take more courses and ace them.