Post-baccalaureate Premedical Programs

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Okoc7

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am currently applying to med school for Fall 2015. I was thinking of taking a year off to strengthen my application and was wondering if anybody had any suggestions for Post-baccalaureate Premedical Programs in Texas. I will have all the required courses by the time I graduate in May.

Members don't see this ad.

I am currently applying to med school for Fall 2015. I was thinking of taking a year off to strengthen my application and was wondering if anybody had any suggestions for Post-baccalaureate Premedical Programs in Texas. I will have all the required courses by the time I graduate in May.
Just pick a school, any school, and take any courses you like! Though why you are doing this while your app is in I have no idea...

I am looking for a back up option in case I decide to take a year off or I do not get accepted for this cyle

Members don't see this ad :)
I am looking for a back up option in case I decide to take a year off or I do not get accepted for this cyle
You can't really "decide to take a year off" at this point. If you get in, you will not get a deferment simply to take more undergraduate courses.
Now, if you don't get in this cycle, then perhaps courses would help...but focus first and foremost on things which will increase your current chances; do not in any way compromise your current cycle for your hypothetical backup cycle next year!

I'm also searching for post-baccalaureate pre-med programs in the Philippines. Unfortunately, I ended up searching for international programs which I know are costly. Do you know some local programs in the Philippines? Badly needed your help. Thanks in advance. :)