Post-Doc Notification Feb 17th - What to do if you don't get any calls?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
So just when I thought my post-doc hopes were getting exhausting...one of the places where I applied and didn't "match" just called to find out if I was still available. Apparently their first choice didn't work out for some reason. Not an offer yet (they didn't expect me to still be available) but I'm glad to hear a place that I really liked might work out for me! And even if it doesn't, it's nice to know that my instincts about what made a good interview were correct.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 7 users
So just when I thought my post-doc hopes were getting exhausting...one of the places where I applied and didn't "match" just called to find out if I was still available. Apparently their first choice didn't work out for some reason. Not an offer yet (they didn't expect me to still be available) but I'm glad to hear a place that I really liked might work out for me! And even if it doesn't, it's nice to know that my instincts about what made a good interview were correct.

Ugh, I'm so sorry that you're still going through the post-doc app process. But how exciting! Fingers crossed that it works out for you. :)

Members don't see this ad :)
The Counseling Center in Nashua, NH has a postdoctoral opening for Psychologist/Neuropsychologist trainee.

Reactions: 1 user
Ugh, I'm so sorry that you're still going through the post-doc app process. But how exciting! Fingers crossed that it works out for you. :)
They called to offer the position to me today! I'm so excited. :D It's so great to have this settled.

That said, there are still a lot of sites posting and some interesting ones out there. I'll actually be canceling an interview with a site that I thought was really interesting (but not as great of a fit as the one where I'll be going).

Reactions: 5 users
They called to offer the position to me today! I'm so excited. :D It's so great to have this settled.

That said, there are still a lot of sites posting and some interesting ones out there. I'll actually be canceling an interview with a site that I thought was really interesting (but not as great of a fit as the one where I'll be going).

Yay! Congratulations! :)