Post interview thank you notes

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DMBFan

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
How many of you guys sent thank you notes to your interviewers afterwards? Is it really necessary? And if you did, what did you write?

Members don't see this ad.

DMBFan said:
How many of you guys sent thank you notes to your interviewers afterwards? Is it really necessary? And if you did, what did you write?

I did it for the one school I really want to go too but some people do it for every school. I would write it (not type it) and would mention a few memorable discussion points from the interview and thank them for their time and guidance.

I sent them to all of my interviewers because I'm superstitious and didn't want to risk angering the Gods of acceptance. Besides, the interviews take time out of their schedules, and lately, I have become acutely aware of "not enough time".

eralza said:
I sent them to all of my interviewers because I'm superstitious and didn't want to risk angering the Gods of acceptance. Besides, the interviews take time out of their schedules, and lately, I have become acutely aware of "not enough time".

I've sent them to all of my interviewers (including student interviewers). I just write a couple of points that I found particularly memorable, and also use it as an opportunity to express why I would be a good match for that particular school.

You might want to do a search on this topic; it's been covered to death. Others might have a more indepth take on things...