Post professional OTD Wash U fall 2013

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Ais

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Has anyone applied for post professional OTD and got accepted into the program for fall 2013

Members don't see this ad.

Are you currently a practicing OT?

Are you currently a practicing OT?

Yes, I am a practicing OT. I have been working since two years. Have you applied for Post professional OTD?

Members don't see this ad :)
Which state do you work in? I am not eligible to apply for Post Professional OTD, still trying to get into Entry-level :D May I ask, what influence you to pursue a higher degree?

well I work in a state which you might have never heard of.:D I am an International student. I have completed four and a half years of full time program in OT following which I have earned a Bachelor degree in Occupational therapy.

I have been working since two years. I am really interested in exploring the area of Universal Design and Accessible Environment. I dont have these specialization in my country so I decided to go for PPOTD

I have been going through all the advanced degree programs offered by US universities. As I already have a professional degree in OT, either I have to go for post-professional masters program (1 year program but the curriculum didn't convince me at all) or post professional OTD ( which includes both advanced practice and research and they have a research lab which matches my interest and also the curriculum is quite comprehensive).

What influence you to go for Entry level OT program?:)

Last edited:
That's great! I wish you the best of luck as you pursue an advance degree! I don't know if you are familiar with the application process in this country but for anyone who wish to enter the field without having a degree in OT has to go through an entry-level route. However, there are a number of entry-level OTD programs and I hope to get into one since research is one of my domains. :)

Thats really great. wish you all the best. :)