Postdoc Discussion Thread/Google Sheet

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

psychologynbooks

~
5+ Year Member
Reaction score
A friend in my cohort sent me this doc! Thought I'd share so more of us can discuss the postdoc process :)

----https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1-1mC3Ns3o00NhssJ3FcFwj0XL87akuwPs6nHBrkT5Mo/edit#gid=63053987

Members don't see this ad.

A friend in my cohort sent me this doc! Thought I'd share so more of us can discuss the postdoc process :)

----https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1-1mC3Ns3o00NhssJ3FcFwj0XL87akuwPs6nHBrkT5Mo/edit#gid=63053987
Thank you for sharing! Just discovered your thread while looking for postdoct resources. Cannot believe we are here already.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Hi all, I just interviewed for a lifespan Neuropsychology fellowship at Thomson Memory & Attention. They said they were really impressed with me and I received an offer on Monday. I know I am just being paranoid, but I really wanted to ask people's thoughts on receiving an offer so soon? I only met with the training director and they sound impressive on paper (meet Houston Conference Guidelines, training by board-certified neuropsychologist) but I have not yet had a chance to meet with anyone else. I did email to ask for more time/to ask to speak with a fellow first as most other places have not even extended interview offers yet. I am waiting to hear back. They are in the same city as me so I was thinking of also asking to just go see how its run? Ah im nervous any thoughts would be helpful!

Hi all, I just interviewed for a lifespan Neuropsychology fellowship at Thomson Memory & Attention. They said they were really impressed with me and I received an offer on Monday. I know I am just being paranoid, but I really wanted to ask people's thoughts on receiving an offer so soon? I only met with the training director and they sound impressive on paper (meet Houston Conference Guidelines, training by board-certified neuropsychologist) but I have not yet had a chance to meet with anyone else. I did email to ask for more time/to ask to speak with a fellow first as most other places have not even extended interview offers yet. I am waiting to hear back. They are in the same city as me so I was thinking of also asking to just go see how its run? Ah im nervous any thoughts would be helpful!

Lot of variability, locations close to me pretty heavily staffed by diploma millers.