Pre-Naplex HELP!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

kellim86

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello. I just took the pre-naplex and did horrible! I made a 60. I have been studying for probably 10 days straight for atleast 6-8 hours a day. I have read through the entire RX-Prep book and skimmed back through it once more. I am scheduled to take the Naplex next Thursday June 6. Any suggestions on what to do differently and if I should reschedule my Naplex for next week? I don't know what to do! I felt confident going into the exam, I really did...but I didn't know any of the questions! EEEKK! Someone please help with advice!

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Don't worry too much about the pre-NAPLEX..just focus on brand-generic names and dosage form.. I took pre-NAPLEX 9 days before NAPLEX and got 74...I got 119 on NAPLEX..

Guys,

I took the pre-naplex twice 84, 103(2 days before). And got 116 on the actual naplex. I studied all of the disease states that I saw in the prenaplex very well, and went back through all of the questions. To me the pre-naplex was very similar and some questions and concepts were repeated in the actual naplex. Please don't let a low pre-naplex score discourage you, and focus on your weaknesses. The questions on the major disease states were simple. Even if you know 70% of the info on the disease state, you should be ok. There were a lot of specifics on the less known/focused on disease states like UC/Gout/Endometriosis/ Asthma/ Neuroleptic malignant syndrome, so keep that in mind while studying. Know formulations, and counseling on the less known disease state's drugs! Re-read the renal and hepatic chapters a couple of times! Wish you all luck!

For everyone who has passed naplex, what scores were you getting on the rxprep quizzes? Also, are there a lot if "check all that apply" questions on the actual Naplex? thanks!!!

For everyone who has passed naplex, what scores were you getting on the rxprep quizzes? Also, are there a lot if "check all that apply" questions on the actual Naplex? thanks!!!

I got a 65 prenaplex and a 89 on the real deal.

Can't answer your first question as I never took the rxprep quizzes. But I remember having quite a few "select all that apply" questions on the Naplex.

I got my MPJE results today....passed!

Any idea how long it takes MA BOP to issue a license after passing both exams?

Members don't see this ad :)
I feel really encouraged reading this thread. Got a 72 on the PreNAPLEX 10 days before, freaked out, and burned through RxPrep another time. Just took my NAPLEX today- there were a few easy questions and some that I honestly had no idea.

Hopefully, the trend of almost passing PreNAPLEX= passing NAPLEX will continue.

Lucid dreams, you will be fine!!
Btw how was the math part on your test?? was it doable or difficult? I am freaking out with math here..

Lucid dreams, you will be fine!!
Btw how was the math part on your test?? was it doable or difficult? I am freaking out with math here..

Thanks- I sure hope so!
The math was doable. The math questions at least were pretty straightforward for me. Had a few math questions that were similar to once I had previously in the test which had me a bit rattled, but figured it was probably ok.

I just got a 54 on my pre-naplex and my naplex is in 3 days on Friday. This just gave me a lot of anxiety and made me really worried. Should I reschedule my exam?

NAPLEX taken July 2013.

Passed with a 108! For those of you freaking out about pre-naplex scores, don't! I took it 2 weeks prior to the actual exam, with a good 2 weeks of studying under my belt and scored a 69! I soon realized that my drug knowledge was great, but was slacking immensely on calculations. Re-did RX prep calcs, went through 120 calcs fully x2, then went back and practiced those questions i struggled with. I made sure to refresh my memory daily with calcs for the entire week prior to naplex. As for drug knowledge, only reviewed RX prep, and used study methods that worked for me while in school. I did purchase the rx prep quiz bank, got through a few sections and some concepts popped up on the exam. Know brand/generic/formulations and counseling for key drugs well!

Also, studied ~ 3 to 4 hours a day over a 4 week span, while working full-time 40 hrs/ week!

Take home point- don't be discouraged by pre-naplex!

I just got a 54 on my pre-naplex and my naplex is in 3 days on Friday. This just gave me a lot of anxiety and made me really worried. Should I reschedule my exam?
How did you end up doing? I am in the same boat; pre-naplex was way lower than I would like it to be, and the NAPLEX is in 3 days.