Pre-reqs

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

tvjunkie17

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have just recently decided that I would like to go into OT as a career. I will be graduating in May with a BA in Behavioral Neuroscience and I will need to go back next fall to finish up some pre-reqs before I can apply to OT school. My question is: does it matter where I take these classes? It is much cheaper, and closer to my house, to take classes at a community college rather than at the state university. Will taking classes at a community college to fulfill pre-reqs be frowned upon by admissions because I am doing so after graduating from a university? Or is it all the same just as long as I take the classes at meet the pre-reqs?

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

hi
It doesnt matter where you take the prereq classes since they will look at your transcript from the school you graduated from. i dont think its frowned upon if you take the prereqs at a community college just as long as they fulfill the requirements. Just as a suggestion dont take classes that you dont need. Pick the schools that you want to apply to and take those classes. In additon when your ready to apply, please apply as early as possible instead of applying at the deadline. Good luck

Hi,

I think you will be fine at a community college, just make sure the class is the right coarse. I actually took a lot of my psychology classes at a community college (and they were online classes which saved some time). I wish my school had a behavioral neuroscience program...that seems pretty cool.