Pre requisites at another university?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

imdyinscoob

MSU c/o 2023
5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Sorry if this has already been posted, but I couldn’t find anything. I’m graduating in May from an OOS school and moving back home in the summer. I’m on a scholarship here, so I couldn’t afford to stay here and take more classes. Does anyone know if retaking pre recs at a different university than your undergrad helps much? I know it wouldn’t raise my gpa that much if at all, but if I retook biochem and got an A instead of a C, do you think admissions would take that into consideration? Just don’t really wanna waste $1000 on a course if it won’t really make a difference in the long run.

Members don't see this ad.

Retaking a single class that you didn't fail almost certainly will make no impact on your application. You would be much better served spending your summer beefing up your application in other ways (i.e. working, doing research, cultivating relationships for LORs). I absolutely would not retake that class unless specifically mentioned by admissions on a file review.

Also depends on whether the schools average the grades or replace with the new grade. That would help you a bit if it replaced, especially if it was now in the last 45. I would contact the schools you’re interested in (or at least your in state if you have one) and asking their opinion.

Reactions: 1 user