Premed Picture thread, anyone?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
awwwww!!!!!!!! I love the little police outfit!!

Members don't see this ad.

He is cute....

This is a pic of me and my bf

Attachments

• Chris&Jenn2.jpg
    Chris&Jenn2.jpg
    4.7 KB · Views: 284
Members don't see this ad :)
BNSN, your avatar is LisaMD now? That's creepy, man.

yellow fever anyone? (im the second from the right in white)

n1207505_31576078_8112.jpg

Members don't see this ad :)
Anyone else disturbed by how shallow most of us are? So much emphasis and value is placed upon looks even though it is so ephemeral, and so removed from the qualities that really matter. The confounding thing is that oftentimes physical attraction is so innate and rooted so deeply that our actions are molded to cater to it, despite the subjective partiality of such actions.

The confounding thing is that oftentimes physical attraction is so innate and rooted so deeply that our actions are molded to cater to it, despite the subjective partiality of such actions.

what is deeply rooted is our innate desire to produce strong and healthy offspring. physical attractiveness seems to have something to do with that. i'm going out on a limb here, and using the word, fitness.

what i find disturbing is the fact that many individuals can control weight gain and obesity and they don't do so. the level of overweight and obese people in this country is astounding.

i opened a can of worms. *prepares for the onslaught*

what is deeply rooted is our innate desire to produce strong and healthy offspring. physical attractiveness seems to have something to do with that. i'm going out on a limb here, and using the word, fitness.

what i find disturbing is the fact that many individuals can control weight gain and obesity and they don't do so. the level of overweight and obese people in this country is astounding.

Yes, attractiveness is meant to be an innate litmus of fitness, but there are also major cultural/societal influences. An example is the fact heavier women were considered to be much more attractive centuries ago.
I do agree that people should aspire toward a healthier lifestyle, but it should be done in consideration of their health, and not how much better they would look. When one place too much emphasis upon something as transient as appearance, then one's joy/comfort/peace will also be transient.

Anyone else disturbed by how shallow most of us are? So much emphasis and value is placed upon looks even though it is so ephemeral, and so removed from the qualities that really matter. The confounding thing is that oftentimes physical attraction is so innate and rooted so deeply that our actions are molded to cater to it, despite the subjective partiality of such actions.

But don't you think there's a difference between recognizing physical attractiveness and valuing it? Example: I recognize that there are some hot guys in this thread but the truth is that when I'm looking for guys to date, intelligence is way more important to me. I'm dated some ugly guys to whom I was just insanely attracted, because they were just brillant. Just because we're hard wired to appreciate physical beauty doesn't mean we let it control our perceptions of/relationships with people.

(but I'm just typing out my thoughts - not a well formed argument or anything)

Where do you think the term 'love at first sight' comes from...

our attraction is based on two things- visual perception or pheromone matching. That is attraction. Love and respect is another matter.

But don't you think there's a difference between recognizing physical attractiveness and valuing it? Example: I recognize that there are some hot guys in this thread but the truth is that when I'm looking for guys to date, intelligence is way more important to me. I'm dated some ugly guys to whom I was just insanely attracted, because they were just brillant. Just because we're hard wired to appreciate physical beauty doesn't mean we let it control our perceptions of/relationships with people.

:laugh: that's the best form of argument though. why am i laughing? it's because of your use of 'hot' and 'ugly.' i do agree with you though. i have an attraction to both physical and intellectual beauty, but i'm somewhat put off by some comments. in particular, on my mdapps, "why are you so beautiful?" no offense though to the person who wrote it. i took it as a sincere compliment :).

There is a difference, but the boundaries are blurred. I would like to think I am attracted to girls who are intelligent, sweet, and harbor depth. But they were also always cute. Always. It is something that they can't control and is irrelevant in terms of real contribution to society, and yet the partiality exists. This innate disposition is antithetical to my disgust/mistrust of bias, which basically poses an internal contradiction I don't think I can resolve without some sort of compromise.

What is this "personality" thing you speak of. I just need a hot woman to have my babies and make me food. I'm kidding...but seriously one generally attempts to maximize the amount of positive characteristics....one of the easier ones is attractiveness. There are certain characteristics in females that are indicative of being more fertile. Women are attracted to different types of personalities depending on their cycle....the closer they get to ovulation the more they want the caring father type. Just like more physically attractive guys actually have the tendency to smell better. There are even tests to prove it. The hot guy will smell (naturally) better to women than one with a less symmetrical face and what not. Personality does play a significant role, and normal people tend to find some sort of intellectual counterpart. It is really rare to see a relationship last where one member is higher intelligent and the other is a box of rocks...normally smart finds smart and out of that they kind of filter off into their respective levels of attractiveness. Yes social/cultural restraints can affect that..the example given was the overweight thing but there was a legit reasoning behind that. It was a time where people died from starvation pretty consistently and it was an indicator of wealth as well as natural selection. The person that could store the most energy could live the longest without food, or at least they had the means to get the food. Now that characteristic with our diets is a downfall though...calories are plentiful and the majority of people aren't doing backbreaking manual labor. The indian populations are a nice example of that. Their bodies were trained to live off of crazy low amounts of calories, they were very active. Now that we stuck them on crappy land with white flour and lard they have an obscenely high obesity rate, along with depression/suicide and everything else that is bad. On that note..give me my damn supermodel that can cook and has her phd.

intelligence is so relative, and look well relative is not as. for example if a person can compute the nth prime in his head, would you consider him smart. if a guy can cure cancer would you consider him smart, most likely. but what about the more relative things like street smarts. the point i am trying to make is intelligence is more relative than looks. also, when you meet a person would u judge them by an intelligence they demonstrated in the past minute or the look you have perceived in the past minute. we all judge people, not exactly a bad thing, but i do agree judgment on looks should be held lighter than judgment on the way you perceive intelligence.

You guys do remember that we all will have wrinkle and become old, right? since some ppople care so much about the outer beauty, i might as well point out this...

You guys do remember that we all will have wrinkle and become old, right? :) since some ppople care so much about the outer beauty, i might as well point out this...

lol what are you talking about that is why we have plastic surgery hehe j/m

lol what are you talking about that is why we have plastic surgery hehe j/m
i know you're j/m.

one sent: plastic surgery is disgusting. (it depends why you're doing it. if it's for some medical purposes then it's fine. )

There is a difference, but the boundaries are blurred. I would like to think I am attracted to girls who are intelligent, sweet, and harbor depth. But they were also always cute. Always. It is something that they can't control and is irrelevant in terms of real contribution to society, and yet the partiality exists. This innate disposition is antithetical to my disgust/mistrust of bias, which basically poses an internal contradiction I don't think I can resolve without some sort of compromise.
So I was thinking about this and I had to come back and correct myself.

While those guys were all brilliant, now that I think about it, the vast majority physically fit my "type" if that makes sense (ie they were all big football player type guys). So I think perhaps I'm not as focused on intellect as I think. But they definitely didn't fit what society would call attractive. So maybe what we perceive as attractive is as relative as anything else.

(again - typing out thoughts. Not an argument)

Ugly people will always be ugly...and bitter

yellow fever anyone? (im the second from the right in white)

n1207505_31576078_8112.jpg

DAMN GIRL! Let me take you out for a steak dinner. You have really pretty eyes.:cool:

BTW, you look like the Asian version of the "Southern Belle" from the Real World: Denver.

Your baby is adorable! If he needs a friend:

So cute! He always loves a good playmate! It is so nice when they are this age (before they learn to bite each other). :p

That's a cute little tot. I'm sure a future genius as well.

My wife is due any day... we're nervous, but excited.

Congratulations! Boy or girl?

haha, sometimes. and i don't have to use eyeliner like johnny depp.

Bummer. When we're best friends at NYU we'll work on your eye makeup skills. I have glitter.

And congrats to Labmonster and Senor Fish, the soon-to-be parents. (How undignified does it sound to congratulate them by their usernames?)

are you girls not afraid that creepy guys would put you on their avatar. Yes some might view this has flattery. but I view this has down right creepy.

cough cough BNSN

are you girls not afraid that creepy guys would put you on their avatar. Yes some might view this has flattery. but I view this has down right creepy.

cough cough BNSN

Yeah, man, that's upsetting. I don't know how Lisa sleeps at night. She's probably retired all of those low cut shirts, by now.

HOW OFTEN DO YOU SEE AN AZN GIRL WITH AN INDIAN GUY?? More like 1 in a million, literally! :(

Hey it has been done. I am living proof. Hang in there- one day you will find an asian girl who is down with the brown.

Hey it has been done. I am living proof. Hang in there- one day you will find an asian girl who is down with the brown.

yeah, but do not hold your breath for "white" girls!:sleep:

i will give you yellow fever:

www.ampha.org

[YOUTUBE]FOyRWuklsiQ[/YOUTUBE]

OMG, that's hilarious. But you posted one that's 2 minutes too short. I had to find the full version:
http://youtube.com/watch?v=Sp4BWp6rgTc

I love UCSD. Phil's hot. I'd go out with him. Also, evade and her man are a white girl asian boy couple. I hope she wouldn't mind me saying that. They're going to have cute babies.

hahaahaaaaa...don't worry, still safe and sound...and that new pic is just face! I made sure :p

:p

And sccrbaby12 should teach me how to do my hair. Pretty girl.

Bummer. When we're best friends at NYU we'll work on your eye makeup skills. I have glitter.

And congrats to Labmonster and Senor Fish, the soon-to-be parents. (How undignified does it sound to congratulate them by their usernames?)
deal.

OMG, that's hilarious. But you posted one that's 2 minutes too short. I had to find the full version:
http://youtube.com/watch?v=Sp4BWp6rgTc

I love UCSD. Phil's hot. I'd go out with him. Also, evade and her man are a white girl asian boy couple. I hope she wouldn't mind me saying that. They're going to have cute babies.

OMG - that was hilarious. And I agree - he's pretty cute. But I've always had a thing for Asian guys.

Agreed 100%.

OMG - that was hilarious. And I agree - he's pretty cute. But I've always had a thing for Asian guys.

Given the trade deficit in terms of asian guys w/ white girls and asian girls/ white guys, I commend you for your personal preference. If there are more like minded individuals this disparity will be corrected. :p .

im a new member :oops:

http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a150/sweetarts258/my%2018th%20B-day/PB030025.jpg

1319113250_l.jpg

89.jpg

IMHO the most beautiful girl on SDN hands down...of course, I might be kind of biased though. :oops:

Status
Not open for further replies.