prepparation for nbde part 1

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
AjayDas said:
Hiya Farheen...Lucky dude..you got so many months to prepare...

Question Number 51 of Biochem/Physio {1A}
ADH is synthesized in....
I chose Hypothalamic nuclei..the key says 'cells of the posterior hypophysis'

Someone give me the address of the keymaker. I wanna inject ADH into his body grrrr
I think my answer is right

Ajay I hate to corret u but i think the answer in the key is right :D :D :D :D

i couldnt find the question which year paper is this ????

Members don't see this ad.

Hey Bond...As far as my memories tell me, ADH is SECRETED by the hypophysis..but SYNTHESIZED in the HYPOTHALAMUS...Think I gotta buy two syringes now ;) {Someone correct me if I am wrong..}
Regarding the paper..It's the first one ...

Yes Ajay

I agree with u....ADH is secreted in the Supra-Optic Nuclei of the hypothalamus.....there are some mistakes in the asda reprints.

Members don't see this ad :)
Thanks GPG...hey Bond, how do u wanna have the injection? :D :D
I think there is a thread dealing with errors in Keys...could someone please give me the link..I tried searching for it...but am not getting it :(

Well actually there is quite a debate about the origin of ADH,but I am quite sure its the hypothalamus....will look up the Guyton and cnform....but one thing I can say for sure and that is that the decks say that the AD is produced in the Supra-optic nuclei of the hypothalamus,carried to the posterior pitu by the hypothalamus-hypophyseal blood vessels from where they are secreted!

of course I stand open to correction!

I found this link on the net which states that ADH and Oxytocin are produced in the hypo and released from the Post. Pitu!

http://users.rcn.com/jkimball.ma.ultranet/BiologyPages/H/Hypothalamus.html

I found another mistake..One more and I will open a new thread...grr..We gotta sue them..We paid to get the wrong answers?

gpg said:
Well actually there is quite a debate about the origin of ADH,but I am quite sure its the hypothalamus....will look up the Guyton and cnform....but one thing I can say for sure and that is that the decks say that the AD is produced in the Supra-optic nuclei of the hypothalamus,carried to the posterior pitu by the hypothalamus-hypophyseal blood vessels from where they are secreted!

of course I stand open to correction!

I found this link on the net which states that ADH and Oxytocin are produced in the hypo and released from the Post. Pitu!

http://users.rcn.com/jkimball.ma.ultranet/BiologyPages/H/Hypothalamus.html

Hi Gpg i think i misunderstood the question i looked for it in the qpapers but couldnt find it i thought the question was from where was the ADH released????????? my mistake.

AJay i think u know a lot by now thats y have started finding the mistakes.Ajay make it 3 and all of us can have the injection together...ANYWAY U want it buddy choice is urs

Hey Ajay and Bond

lets really start a new thread where we put up ques with the wrong ans in the key.....since Ajay has initiated this discussion let him have the honour of being the thread starter.

And I don't want any injections,least of all any hormone!

Ajay put up the ADH and the 2nd mistake u found on the new thread!

hi there
its bn quite a while since i last logged in 2 SDN..
just wanted 2 if u guys did get ard 2 start a thread on the ASDA reprints. if s then thats grt:thumbup:.could someone guide me to it :).
thanks a ton in advance,
drmps :)

hi everyone..........
howz it going?????
well i am in the pause mode.Tomorrow is my toefl and iam busy :D preparing for it. Any idea about the essay topics in toefl or any websites that would evaluate our essay?

cheers

hi everyone,
today i wrote my toefl exams...........
i am not sure but i dont think i would get a great score.........its kind of easy when u prepare but in real it really tests ur english knowledge like hell........ :mad:
what is the actual range of toefl score neede to enter any university.

cheers......

did u give a cbt exam?
if so they usually give u ur score range at the end of the exam....generally a score range of 213-270 is reqd so that u can hope to get 250 or above as 250 is the min score i think most universities want...
u can check out the score requirements of all schools accordingly
all the best...

hi star wars,
thx alot for the information........
s i got that range i was wondering that woudnt b enough, but i did my reading parts really well but they gave me a less score i dont know y ........
waiting for my results lets c...... :(

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi Bond! thanks a lot for your help. I really appreciate it.
Hi to you too Ajay! and I really hope I am lucky enough to get thru the exams. I am just starting and still collecting info abt what to study. so any kind of help is most welcome. Thanks.

Good Luck
Farheen

dont worry ssaug ....everything will be fine....
all the best

yeah.. stay cool sharmila .... it will be alright...... I am sure u did your best.......
Treasure...

hi guys,
thx that was really encouraging.........
but i dont know i think i need to work really hard to get some real good marks in nbde so that i can compensate for my marks in toefl even if it gets low........
sometimes it is really hard to think about it.

Folks,
I just received the NBDE tutorial CD that I had requested a long time ago from ADA. For people who want to know what is in it.... here goes...

The CD begins with some basic .. very basic info about using a computer like how to use the mouse, how to click the right answer, how to scroll down etc etc which i am sure everyone is familiar with...
Then there is the part which explains how to "MARK" a question if u are not sure about the answer & want to review at the end....
Lastly there is one sample question from each subject......

The CD is of very little use except that u get to see first hand regarding"marking" & going back to questions left unanswered or needed to be checked......

Hope this helps anyone who is curious regarding the contents of the tutorial CD.....
Bye,
treasure. :)

treasure said:
Folks,
I just received the NBDE tutorial CD that I had requested a long time ago from ADA. For people who want to know what is in it.... here goes...

The CD begins with some basic .. very basic info about using a computer like how to use the mouse, how to click the right answer, how to scroll down etc etc which i am sure everyone is familiar with...
Then there is the part which explains how to "MARK" a question if u are not sure about the answer & want to review at the end....
Lastly there is one sample question from each subject......

The CD is of very little use except that u get to see first hand regarding"marking" & going back to questions left unanswered or needed to be checked......

Hope this helps anyone who is curious regarding the contents of the tutorial CD.....
Bye,
treasure. :)

How long they took to send the CD after u ordered it?..I am wondering whether I will receive it before my exam If I am gonna order today! :eek:

dentaldoc said:
How long they took to send the CD after u ordered it?..I am wondering whether I will receive it before my exam If I am gonna order today! :eek:

I would save the money and NOT order it. I believe you are able to go through the same tutorial prior to starting the actual exam, when you arrive at the testing center.

Hey Treasure

Thanks for sharing the info about the CD.......although all of knew that it was not going to be of any GREAT help,it helps to hear it first hand from some one.All the best....gpg

I have to agree with gavin C ... It is pretty worthless & it is the same tutorial that u will encounter just prior to your exam.

It took about 2 months for them to send me the CD. So I highly doubt that u would receive it before your exams ... unless they have suddenly become more efficient :rolleyes:

Anyway, I do not think u will miss out on anything if u haven't seen it personally. Like I said , it just teaches some basic computer skills & the part where u can "Mark" questions which is also pretty straightforward.

Treasure :thumbup:

hi guys
dose any one have a kalpan question bank i am interrested in buying ..it
how helpfull is it ?

hi i have a kaplan book to sell

hi kosha would like to chat with you about part 1

These ADSA keys are going to Kill me...Answer to question no 70, Micro path in 'I-E' says that Eosinophils are 'PHAGOCYTES'...errr are they? I was thinking more on the lines of 'Kupffer Cells and Polymorphonuclear leukocytes'. Somebody tell me please:(

AjayDas said:
These ADSA keys are going to Kill me...Answer to question no 70, Micro path in 'I-E' says that Eosinophils are 'PHAGOCYTES'...errr are they? I was thinking more on the lines of 'Kupffer Cells and Polymorphonuclear leukocytes'. Somebody tell me please:(

Neutrophils, basophils, and eosinophils are all phagocytes (and they all have membrane bound granules in their cytoplasm).

Thanks ITSGAVINC. I wasn't aware that even Eosinophils are phagocytes.

p.s You just managed to give me a HUGE inferiority complex. I am hoping that it's not your pic in the avataar ;)

hey man guess you did not get my message,this is jiten , so where are you man, when are you giving the exam?

Hey Jiten,
Check your PM dude :D
I am just waiting for this ^%&(*& exam to get over. I have started dreaming of neutrophils and T cells..Not that they make sense..duh!

hi guys,
i got my ECE evaluation done it was 3.08, :oops: so i guess may b i could try in WES when i apply to the universities becoz i guess this isnt a great score, :( i guess there is a drastic difference in the score.... but iam also worried that some universities donot accept WES evaluation, if any body has any idea about it i would b glad to know about it.

hey guys,

i'am planning to take part 1 in the near future too.......thought i'd become a ppart of this thread.
hv started wityh anat.
can u tell me if the decks 2004 are any diff from those of 2000 and 1995.

does anyone u know wants to sell kaplan review book pls do let me know.

archana

iamaj1 said:
hey guys,

i'am planning to take part 1 in the near future too.......thought i'd become a ppart of this thread.
hv started wityh anat.
can u tell me if the decks 2004 are any diff from those of 2000 and 1995.

does anyone u know wants to sell kaplan review book pls do let me know.

archana
hi
i have a kaplan review book to sell
for 50$
let me know if you are interested.
jay

hi, am planning to write part 1 in august.I saw the mssg by ssuag my Asda evaluation was 3.Do u think it would be good if I got it done by wes?

hi

yes i am interested in the kaplan review book
pls let me know what edition it isand the cost

A

hey farheen
so u're just starting yr prep....well so am
hope we can keep in touch and be of use to one another
A

hi ajay
can u pls tell me what type of ece eval i shud opt for?
i scored abt 60-65 in BDS.
A

hi guys
i guess bgelow 3.5 the score needs a reevaluation by wes.....
but vll all the universities accept it? thats my doubt.

hi guys,
howzzit going for everyone........ please update about ur preparation...... anybody who has taken the exam i the mean can share their experience and guide us in the process.

bye
cheers

hi
guys
i want to sell my part-1 dental decks, papers and kaplan notes.
everything is in $250 .
i have original part dental decks 2001 and xerox copy of all national board papers and kaplan notes .
if anybody interested in this, please contact me at
my email-
[email protected]

thanks.undefined :)

Hi Jay001
Do you still have the Kaplan review book - Part 1 for Sell for $50? If yes, I would like to buy the same and would also like to know the edition/year for the same.

Please mail me your reply at - [email protected]

Thanks
AJ

hi guys,
howzzit going
hi deepa,
i dont know i sent u many pms but i dont know whether it reached u coz i didnt get any reply from u, so if u see this msg, pls PM me........

hi treasure.......
how about u ????? my in-laws hav come here so jus a little break ....... i guess ill start it from today......

bye
cheers

hi guys,
i am a kenyan dentist planning to take part 1 in dec.excited to see this thread but it seems am making my posting many months late.the thread has gone cold!!what happened.sharmila,deepa,treasure.... are you guys still planning to take your exam in december?or you guys are too busy buried in your books to post replies.in that case am in trouble coz i am just about to begin chopping.it would be nice to here from you.please,i need someone to syke me up!!!
bogz

Welcome....
this thread has not really gone cold.... guess we just did not have anything of substance to post now for a while.... at least that is true for me!!!

Don't worry ,things will take off as the big day approaches....

by the way, as far as i know all the members who post regularly on this thread have preponed their exam plans ranging from august to october......

that's where things stand at the moment....

Welcome to the forum again bogz....
treasure :thumbup:

hi bogz,
welcome to SDN ...........
no at all, SDN is a energy drink for all of us , v r all here discussing things so v r all here for u, feel free........

all the best
cheers

hii guys .. im new to this forum !! i just graduated from a dental school in india and im thinking about appearing for national boards part 1 in december !! well what all things are important for part -1 preperation !! i have dental decks and asda papaers with me !! is kaplan necessary !! please guide me thru this all !!

hi sahi.......
dental decks and asda is necessary.......
but kaplan..... it depends on the individual if u feel u need brush up of basic sciences u can use kaplan which is a vast actually but a good reference book.

hope this helps........