Other OT-Related Information Prepping for the GRE

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

dnh

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Can anyone tell me if they have used the Official GRE study material? Here is what you get. I got this information from the GRE website. I know Kaplan has a book but was wondering which is best. Thanks!

• The Official Guide to the GRE® General Test, Third Edition ($40 when purchased separately): FOUR real practice tests — two in the book and two simulated, computer-delivered POWERPREP® practice tests.
  • Official GRE® Quantitative Reasoning Practice Questions Volume 1, Second Edition ($20 when purchased separately): 150 never-before-published questions with complete explanations and valuable hints and tips.
  • Official GRE® Verbal Reasoning Practice Questions Volume 1, Second Edition ($20 when purchased separately): 150 never-before-published questions with complete explanations and valuable hints and tips.

Members don't see this ad.

Hello!

I used the 2015 edition of the Official Guide. It does give you a real feel towards the writing, verbal, and quantitative tests. I like how it gives you a score sample, so you can have a feel on which section you need more review in.

I know that everyone's study habits are different, but I would not solely study on this book. Once you reviewed all the pages and completed all the practice tests, you're going to need more material to study on. I would suggest finding free, online stuff that gives GREAT explanation in-regards for the GRE.